Fresh start

jason str

Thanks for all the positive comments. Yes Google sent me here, i may have searched cheap homes or cheap safe homes. Something along those lines anyways. Living with no hot water heater so pots and pans on the stove for everything and some critter chewed a big hole in the roof but their climbing tree has been removed at least. Thing will hopefully be repaired and replaced as time and cash are available. Enjoying no limits in volume here, back to the music for now.

• Like 4

We bought an old house... suffered no hot water for some time. He had to get an electric and rewire the house before we could hook it up.... no grounded outlets. Oh... forgot we had to wire for an electric stove, too...

we were cooking on an electric fry pan and hot plate....

may your old house have fewer "surprises" than ours. We discovered that ours dinna have any insulation, when we opened the walls to rewire....among other fun surprises

Keep your eyes open for goodies when you're working on your place. Ya never know what got left or stashed in the walls....

We found some old newspapers [65 yr old]. Those were interesting. Saw birth notices for some of my friends.Gave them to the library.

And I found a pair of wire pliers....

• Thanks 1

If I recall, Indiana doesn't "do" daylight savings time....so you will be on Eastern time for half the year and on Central time for the other half.  I found that strange but I kind of liked it as it allowed me to watch  Johnny Carson at a better time without falling asleep.

I don't know if they've changed this practice.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Been in Fort Wayne a year now, good restaurants are hard to find out here. An acquantance of mine and friend of a friend from Chicagoland lives out here as well and met a few neighbors, friends drive out for holidays too. House repairs are moving going slower than planned but moved up from folding chairs to office chairs. Hot water heater and heat pump for heating and cooling will keep bills down. Funny thing about Fort Wayne is I hear far more gunshots on holidays here than I have the whole time in Illinois. Feeling more homey here every day and acclimating well.

207.jpg.1920efb2b5a96266406c6305048b3b9f.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/6/2021 at 7:52 AM, jason str said:

Been in Fort Wayne a year now, good restaurants are hard to find out here. An acquantance of mine and friend of a friend from Chicagoland lives out here as well and met a few neighbors, friends drive out for holidays too. House repairs are moving going slower than planned but moved up from folding chairs to office chairs. Hot water heater and heat pump for heating and cooling will keep bills down. Funny thing about Fort Wayne is I hear far more gunshots on holidays here than I have the whole time in Illinois. Feeling more homey here every day and acclimating well.

207.jpg.1920efb2b5a96266406c6305048b3b9f.jpg

There is a restaurant in Evansville called the Cork’ n’ Cleaver that I cooked at when I was younger. The original restaurant was located in Ft. Wayne.  Not sure if it’s still open or not.  Definitely worth checking out. 

• Thanks 1

@jason str Jason, are those the LS you were working on when I sent the tweeters? The room in your new digs looks great. Glad you are getting settled in. I was in my last house just over 20 yrs, and mived here in 2014. Next move will be wben we head to the Philippines. That will be major as we will unload most of what we have. Of course, plans could change.. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marvel said:

@jason str Jason, are those the LS you were working on when I sent the tweeters? The room in your new digs looks great. Glad you are getting settled in. I was in my last house just over 20 yrs, and mived here in 2014. Next move will be wben we head to the Philippines. That will be major as we will unload most of what we have. Of course, plans could change.. 

They are and those are the tweeter's you sent over. Still working flawlessly.

• Like 1

I do 😄

I also bought a new set of K402's in January for the 2 extra MWM bin's I had .Refinishing the bins  ( both bondo'd and 1 painted with duratex) but have had so little time .I haven't even opened the K402's yet. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gnote said:

I do 😄

I also bought a new set of K402's in January for the 2 extra MWM bin's I had .Refinishing the bins  ( both bondo'd and 1 painted with duratex) but have had so little time .I haven't even opened the K402's yet. 

Very nice.

Quit drinking, smoking and lost 100 pounds since I saw you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jason str said:

Quit drinking, smoking and lost 100 pounds since I saw you.

Dam !   Way to go !

I quit drinking ( not on purpose just kinda did ) for the most part , Dropped down to 1 Mountain Dew a day (It's my morning Coffee) and I quit smoking . But I gained 30lbs instead 😞

• Thanks 1

I couldn't afford to lose any weight, been between 142-150 for the past 30 years or so.

Jason, if you had more room you could get some MWMs. Finally got an active, digital crossover. Have to get a bunch of different cables wired up and try some things.

• Like 1