MEH Synergy

28 minutes ago, Fido said:

you are a lucky man if your wife lets you have those bad *** speakers in your living room - my wife would see those and remind me we don't live in a concert hall. Women think differently than most men - lol

Speakers she fine with, subs too in this house.  We budgeted an amount before we bought and we will likely be DOUBLING that amount.   My priorities will have to wait... The speakers will remain biamped, and they sound incredible as such.... 

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrumz said:

Speakers she fine with, subs too in this house.  We budgeted an amount before we bought and we will likely be DOUBLING that amount.   My priorities will have to wait... The speakers will remain biamped, and they sound incredible as such.... 

Congrats on that - Im sure if I had a separate music room my wife would be cool with those DANLEYS but having a small house and only the living room for music it would be a no go. I hear those speakers sound AMAZING - GLWS

11 minutes ago, Fido said:

Congrats on that - Im sure if I had a separate music room my wife would be cool with those DANLEYS but having a small house and only the living room for music it would be a no go. I hear those speakers sound AMAZING - GLWS

My last house was small. I tried many different setups in there with and without subs. Hard to be happy, it was an open concept room to several others. Of everything I had in there, the jbl 4722n were by far the best, no sub needed. I'm finding the same in a room more then double the size. I would like another high output, high quality sub in the future, but for now, these dig plenty deep and output strong in the low end biamped. 

That being said, in a room 20 ft wide and 15 ft deep with 8 foot ceilings, these danleys can EASILY blur your vision and make you sick of you are into that kind of thing.... The difference is, the quality is next level, especially at low volumes.   I've mostly had traditional ported 18"s and double 18" subs and these KILL THEM in output and quality.  I'll be buying like one danley for my next setup.... 

I'll likely get A LOT of S*** for this, but for what I  paid for these Jbls, they KILL every klipsch speaker I have had that was over and under the price I paid for these NEW and shipped to my door... That being said, the cabinets and finish on these are as CHEAP as can be. Particle board and vinyl, but if you are careful with them, they sound truly incredible.   

19 hours ago, Fido said:

you are a lucky man if your wife lets you have those bad *** speakers in your living room - my wife would see those and remind me we don't live in a concert hall. Women think differently than most men - lol

Yes, they do. That is a good and bad thing, depending on the subject. For Audio, however, rare is the woman who makes great sound a priority over decor!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Yes, they do. That is a good and bad thing, depending on the subject. For Audio, however, rare is the woman who makes great sound a priority over decor!

my beautiful wife wants both but to her really sounding good is good enough - you understand because you are mr TECH wether its Audio or Photography. Decor is important to me, also but I would love those Danleys. i would totally understand if my wife did not think the trade off to get BETTER bass would be worth the tradeoff of the statement industrial looking speakers would make in our living room

haha - you know I want them though - lol

4 hours ago, Fido said:

you know I want them though

Come take em off my hands. Now that I have a dedicated sound room of adequate size and dimensions, I can do whatever the hell I want in there without objections.   Too bad I need the cash rather than EXTRA bass right now... Neither the JBLs nor the amps are going anywhere though. 

5 hours ago, Fido said:

my beautiful wife wants both but to her really sounding good is good enough - you understand because you are mr TECH wether its Audio or Photography. Decor is important to me, also but I would love those Danleys. i would totally understand if my wife did not think the trade off to get BETTER bass would be worth the tradeoff of the statement industrial looking speakers would make in our living room

haha - you know I want them though - lol

I had every Danley Sub from Spuds, DTS-10's, Serial #0001 of DTS-20, and 3 TH-50's, now down to 1, but enough drivers for 4! They exceed their specifications every time. Amazing. Well you could veneer them if you wish, I just paint mine White.

• Haha 1