MEH Synergy

7 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Ok, you two can stop any time now!  I NEED the big PrimaLuna first...  THEN I can start drooling a bit more. :)

Need is a strong word in that sentence.   You need the danleys that you will never see for sale again.  The PrimaLuna used gear will always be available.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fido said:

Why not buy the Danleys and the Primaluna? you only live once! Claude loves his Danleys and he has owned a lot of them. Those pro photographers must make a lot of $$$$$$$ 🤘

LOL. Yeah right. It's more like I crawled to the retirement finish line, like many others, but I'm not done yet, now that I have the freedom to OPTIONALLY make make money from my former full time professions on a part time basis. Look up the Matterhorn, if you want to read about the worlds most powerful subwoofer. I own 4 of those 68 pound drivers, so I will get back to building 3 more of the TH-50 clones (weighing about 1/2 ton) just for the heck of having full Chicago IMAX subwoofers in my home Theater. Overkill is a great disease! Dave1290 is still recovering from getting rattled by just ONE of those last year.......................

For more info about the TH-50 that stompted the rest in 2009, go here:

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/another-subwoofer-gtg-southern-style.1127851/

From Josh Ricci, another almost insane bass freak from that 2009 shootout:

DSL TH50

Now about $4,000 and change, single 15" TH, 18hz extension rated, 25x34x45 or 22.15 cu ft external. 20hz 12db octave Butterworth HPF 

This is the one I wanted to hear most. It was run off of one channel on the PL9.0. This was the last one up and there was a lot of anticipation and expectations about it. It didn't disappoint. We ran through the movie tracks first since we were already on that disc. In short it was in a different league from everything else even the Worx sub in output and power from at least 18hz up. It pressurized the room and in a way and with an ease that nothing else did. It was concussive and tactile. You could feel the pressure on your face and your clothing in a way that I had not felt all day. It was clean and deep sounding too. I don't know how close it was to it's limits but it purely overpowered the deep bass void that was in the middle of the room where I had been sitting all day. Brute force. On music it was much better than the THspud IMO and closer to the CS30's. Not as good as the LMS but not bad at all. Huge punch and chest slam. I did detect a bit of some sort of resonance or overemphasis on some notes in the top of the bass range. Ivan switched to a slightly lower 80hz, I think, x over and it immediately sounded better. Just clean and deep at that point. Seems to sound better crossed lower. Once we got to Bass I Love You it was so loud that it knocked over some items on the desk near the computer and we decided to call it a day there. I think we registered 128.7db peak with it. When you consider that it's in the same price range as a Fathom F113, it looks like a bargain to me. It's huge of course and won't win any WAF contests but it'd be worth it for HT. This is the first time I've actually heard Danley products and this is the one that made me think Ok... Now I get what all of the fuss is about. Whatever they are doing in that cabinet is impressive. If you put that 15" driver in a sealed cab it would've got owned by the LMS. It wouldn't come close to doing what it does in that TH enclosure if it was a standard ported cab either. It was insane for 1 15" even if it is a big hefty 15.

FYI: I use mine for left and right channel SPEAKER STANDS that make BASS!!!!.....CJ1

• Like 2

On 11/8/2020 at 6:27 PM, Westcoastdrumz said:

I'll likely get A LOT of S*** for this, but for what I  paid for these Jbls, they KILL every klipsch speaker I have had that was over and under the price I paid for these NEW and shipped to my door... That being said, the cabinets and finish on these are as CHEAP as can be. Particle board and vinyl, but if you are careful with them, they sound truly incredible.   

What JBL model did you get and what did you pay? 

22 minutes ago, Fido said:

so tempted to go up and see and hear the danleys - Please Fido - RESIST!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, they won't be hooked up in the usual listening environment.  They are already out of the system for now. We are still under construction.... The sale will be more of a test for functionality.  That being said, if you buy the subs, you are more than willing to listen to the JBLs that are hooked up.