Found & Bought - Klipsch Academy in Chicagoland

dkpack99

I’m putting together a Klipsch home theater, it looks will likely be four Klipsch Forte 2s (front and side), I’ve read that the Academy is the center of choice...

Anyone have one that they’re ready to move along to a new home?

Thanks,

Dave P.

PS - I’ve been doing a ton of research here, it’s a great site and I’m glad to be getting more involved. 

Edited by dkpack99
Misc.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dkpack99 said:

I’m putting together a Klipsch home theater, it looks will likely be four Klipsch Forte 2s (front and side), I’ve read that the Academy is the center of choice...

Anyone have one that they’re ready to move along to a new home?

Thanks,

Dave P.

PS - I’ve been doing a ton of research here, it’s a great site and I’m glad to be getting more involved. 

0C832448-0486-4B94-B56A-CB4BDB89BC11.jpeg

6B5578D0-66FB-46B3-9AB3-93FF96FC8126.jpeg

90A60ACF-C103-477E-B46B-7F5102924FD5.jpeg

7 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

I hear all of these are excellent speakers! I’ve always heard the k-76 in the academy is closest to the heresy, Cornwall, forte line. I’d love to hear them all in the same room. Those KT-LCR look nice, never heard them, six inch woofers. 

Thanks everyone, especially Opus, I bought a like new KLF C7 from Opus’ Craigslist link...easy transaction right across from my work from another Klipsch nut!  I should be picking up 2 pairs of Forte ii’s on Wednesday. 

Edited by dkpack99
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

Why in the world would you recommend two non-timbre' matched center speakers when the Academy is truly the correct speaker he needs!  Both of those while great centers are designed for a totally different speaker line.  You guys must be totally tone deaf if you can't hear the difference in timbre.'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frzninvt said:

Why in the world would you recommend two non-timbre' matched center speakers when the Academy is truly the correct speaker he needs!  Those while great center are design for a totally different speaker line.  You guys must be totally tone deaf if you can't hear the difference.

I have a rough academy, if he wants to hear the difference.

With the loud tinnitus in my right ear, I probably would have a hard time telling the timber difference.

• Like 1