WTB single quartet, fii, hii, hiii, fiii, etc

DTO

Hello forum!

Ive downsized my media room and cleared up some floor space. I have room for a floor stand center speaker up to 36 inches. In the past I used an H3 and a single quartet to go between chorus iis. I sold both the singles to forum members, and the chorus locally, to tryout RF-7s. They were not my cup of tea so I moved on. Currently I am using quartets L and right and a vertical academy. It sounds great but i would like a larger speaker to fill up the gap in space. Hence is anyone looking to sell a single quartet, H(2,3)F(2,3)cw(2,3)? Am I missing any? I know they are out there! I could also trade my academy towards any deal. Crites crossover and titanium tweeter. 

Thanks David

EA4B03FD-1677-4ADC-9281-186E77B6252F.jpeg

63F8FC1D-8F35-4E19-9A83-425C766F2BAC.jpeg

00410C7C-CA66-4CBB-9506-22FFFF538B4A.jpeg

20A78697-962F-4D12-A6A9-312D6C73F832.jpeg

AB981633-710B-41E7-9C32-8A3C433D1547.jpeg

3E1C2C11-C20F-4E95-BEDD-C266E4352EF4.jpeg

B01C3AA0-234F-4575-A11F-76A5963BC35E.jpeg

475E8056-8E35-4168-8159-605693D2776D.jpeg

1 hour ago, DTO said:

Thanks! It’s been popping up on my feed. I have to admit I’m interested but something stops me from reaching out. I have no experience with a “hip”. Do you?

I hear this is the HIP with the slot vent at the bottom is sought after.

I think it plays louder, but not lower (like my KP-250).

You would need to swap speaker plugs, the black one is snapped off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

I hear this is the HIP with the slot vent at the bottom is sought after.

I think it plays louder, but not lower (like my KP-250).

You would need to swap speaker plugs, the black one is snapped off.

These are great mid range speakers almost no bass at all in the factory setting Horns are set at K-horn / La Scala level the woofer just cannot keep up might work out good as a center speaker though or adjust the factory crossover to a "B" style setting for a more balanced sound.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jjptkd said:

These are great mid range speakers almost no bass at all in the factory setting Horns are set at K-horn / La Scala level the woofer just cannot keep up might work out good as a center speaker though or adjust the factory crossover to a "B" style setting for a more balanced sound.

Yeah. I that might be the limiting factor. I think I quartet/forte would be more truly full range for a center

12 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Without the riser.  Risers are simple. I can make a new one if necessary. Original Oiled Oak. Black lacquer upon request. 

Thank you so much! I’m super interested in the original OO but the price, if still he same, is a lttle steep. 

36 minutes ago, DTO said:

Thank you so much! I’m super interested in the original OO but the price, if still he same, is a lttle steep. 

The aforementioned price you are referring to included delivery. For you David, the come and get it price is $350 As-Is. Testing is available here.  Anything else would be an upcharge though as my time is not free. If $350 for a single Forte II is still too steep then I suppose you could just wait for Santa Clause. Ho Ho Ho.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

The aforementioned price you are referring to included delivery. For you David, the come and get it price is $350 As-Is. Testing is available here.  Anything else would be an upcharge though as my time is not free. If $350 for a single Forte II is still too steep then I suppose you could just wait for Santa Clause. Ho Ho Ho.

Dear Santa Carpenter,

the real Santa’s sleigh is pretty full for me this year; I’ve been a really good boy! I think we are getting into PM territory. Can you send me pictures of the condition? I searched but could not find an old thread. I would have no reason to test them. You are a man of your word. And, on the bottoms, are there holes where the risers were or is it virgin veneer?

Thanks

DO