Bikers, Ever Ridden a Bike That Scared You?

Ceptorman

The first time was on a Bultaco 360 nasty powerband, next was going 60 on a bridgestone 175 with no breaks, riding with a friend on the back took an 80' jump in mid flight he  leaned on me, pushed my shoulder landed with the tire sideways..... every time I ride my modded YZ250..... weights around 212 pounds and has over 50hp. Those 500cc 2 strokes are insane!!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

here was supposed to be a Britten turning laps, but no show.

Looks like Mr. Barber was able to get 9 of the 10 Brittens at his track in 2015 with 5 of them getting out on the track at the same time. I with that I could have been there to see and hear them. I was at Barber in 2005 when I raced with AHRMA. 

902477639_Barber-1jpg.jpg.d139d4ccb0a85eeadd40bf926436b878.jpg

https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-motorcycle-touring/classic-motorcycle-events/barber-vintage-festival-2015-zmbz16jfzhur

https://www.odd-bike.com/2015/11/brittens-at-barber-meeting-icons.html

https://www.facebook.com/brittenmotorcyclecompany/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had the opportunity to visit Barber a few years ago - fabulous museum, spectacular property.

The 2012 Kaw ZX14 I owned would get your attention quickly. But was a pussycat if ridden with “restraint”. An overall great bike.

My RC51 might be considered my most radical bike from waay sporting riding position to overall riding experience.

My 2016 BMW K1600 six cylinder provided an incredible combination of suspension, braking and engine performance. The Hossack derived Duolever front suspension is simply incredible. Zero front dive from any braking speed. 

• Like 2

There was another time. There was vet who walked our towns and we saw him everywhere, he walked all day. He would go from one store to make change then another to get dollars. A tall skinny man around 6'5" and always wore the same military jacket and never made eye contact or talked. Everyone I knew was afraid of him, he was just called "the walker". One day I couldnt sleep, decided to take my bike in the woods. I dumped it in wet clay, and as my light was shinning forward at 2 am and Iam laying on my side, here he comes but hes carrying a stick! The bike scared me because I couldnt get it off me. He just walked by in the dark with his stick and said nothing. Years later to mess with a friend and to help him out, I met him outside a store and offered him a ride.He sat in the backseat with my friend. Turns out he was a really nice person.....

5 minutes ago, juniper said:

Everyone I knew was afraid of him, he was just called "the walker". 

Years ago, during an extended period of unemployment, I walked the dog around the neighborhood every day, multiple times, just to pass the time. Day after day after day.

Once the dog died, I continued to walk. The neighbors called the cops.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Looks like Mr. Barber was able to get 9 of the 10 Brittens at his track in 2015 with 5 of them getting out on the track at the same time. I with that I could have been there to see and hear them. I was at Barber in 2005 when I raced with AHRMA. 

902477639_Barber-1jpg.jpg.d139d4ccb0a85eeadd40bf926436b878.jpg

https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-motorcycle-touring/classic-motorcycle-events/barber-vintage-festival-2015-zmbz16jfzhur

https://www.odd-bike.com/2015/11/brittens-at-barber-meeting-icons.html

https://www.facebook.com/brittenmotorcyclecompany/

Great pic, would be cool to see all of them at once. I did about 6 track days at Barber in 07, 08, and raced 4 times in 09, 10 with WERA. I liked the track but loved the facility. Even the restrooms are very nice there. Been wanting to go to the IndyCar race there but haven't yet. 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2020 at 12:06 PM, wvu80 said:

I need an old man's bike.  :cool:

Same here, I sold the Duc years ago, sometimes regret it. Placed an add on Craigslist and some dude in Minnesota had a shipper knocking on my door within 3 days. When I regret it, it's usually when I'm on the winding Hillcountry roads, but the pavement here are not the same as in Arkansas or Missouri; too many marbles here and too risky for me to play Joe racer.

It's either a rolling Sofa or an adventure bike. Been leaning toward a BMW GS.  What are you considering?   

56 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Been leaning toward a BMW GS. 

They were having differential issues, but I haven't been keeping up with the new on them. I know one rider who takes his into the challenging off road places.   

56 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

What are you considering?  

I really do like the V Strom 650. Not the best for on or off road, but does them both sell enough. I really want to trade up to the V Strom 1000 (1050). I read a lot about the Strom vs the Honda AT. For the cost and what riding I do, I will stay with the Strom. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

if I had to buy a sport  tourer , I would look at what  Police depts are using on Highways  -Kawasaki Concours 14 -

Here in San Antonio I see the cops on BMW K series bikes, but I've also seen them on Harley's. Definitely rolling sofa class...   I think the Goldwing owns that category. 

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

They were having differential issues, but I haven't been keeping up with the new on them. I know one rider who takes his into the challenging off road places. 

Thanks for the heads-up, will do my research... like always.... before I spend $20+ on a bike.

The 1969 Kawasaki H1 500cc triple that I bought when I was 18. Crazy acceleration when the powerband hit, terrible drum brakes, and a frame that felt like it had a hinge in it somewhere. Unpredictable wheelies, tank slappers, etc. - I cannot believe I never crashed it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, geoffr said:

The 1969 Kawasaki H1 500cc triple that I bought when I was 18. Crazy acceleration

I had a 750 H2 mark IV upped to 900cc ,  it wanted to rip your arms off and leave you behind -

• Like 2
  • Haha 1