Direct TV question (satellite alignment)

Coytee

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Hmmm....  question....

If the 2nd transponder is my issue, would it follow that if I can pull it in at say, 90 and it fixes my HD signal, that the SD signal should also be good OR, is there a dual aim and you have to find a sweet spot for both?

Yes, depending...even a 75, although, you would have dropout at times.

It's pretty tight.  It certainly didn't seem to rotate when I tried.  I think it was more of a ...well...hate to call it a bend but I didn't perceive it to rotate.  Yet it did flex.

Sure is fun having toys around even if this does belong to my brother in law.   We are borrowing it to pull down the fascia boards, you can see them missing.  One was looking like it was rotting out....  turns out they just put a REALLY crummy board up there.

Spent all of yesterday working them down, right side is de-nailed where appropriate and now have to denail the left side.

Much prefer the lift to scaffolding and my backhoe reaches down better than it reaches up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After decades with cable our move from the ‘burbs leaves us with Dish. One month in we kinda like it. Is normal with satellite TV that this occasionally appears on the screen - 👽. Although that “guy”, plus the huge mound of dirt I’ve carted to the living room has me a bit concerned about satellite 🛰 TV — 

12 hours ago, billybob said:

Yes, ignore the dude.

Would do wrong to just shrug it off. No cable here or satellite.

Watching with giant rabbit ear

Outside.🙂🤑 All they want is all your money.

satellite internet

We use an HD over the air antenna as well.  It's more reliable than any dish I've seen.  It's paid for itself many times over with the savings it's generated vs cable/dish.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Coytee said:

I charge $1.00 per ride....any takers?

DSCN7897.thumb.JPG.d1b98d59f6893334fa068828783d3b4d.JPG

Really like the idea of that machine. Could have used one many a time. You must be actually a very good operator of heavy machinery. Experience shows 

If were me would have probably ripped the fascia along with trodden over the dish.Nice place by the way. Deer and other animals am sure listen to the Klipsch.

• Like 1