Eagles, etc....

Bosco-d-gama

Living on a lake in the Pacific Northwest requires you to enjoy birds. We have birds, lots of birds. But in early fall we get some migratory birds. Also in spring and fall we have a pair of eagles that visit daily. Their size is amazing and their presence commands respect. They are the largest birds we get here, except for the odd swan (maybe). Here are a few pictures, one of the eagles and another of a snow goose, not our typical goose fare. 

6DFC704F-B853-4F66-BEE2-C2CEF857BD4A.jpeg

FEF5E3B5-C914-4547-B005-F58FCBDA227A.jpeg

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Brrrr...  Snow!

Yup......   we had an odd early snow storm. Just cold enough to snow......   so it was wet, heavy and sloppy.....  about 6 inches total. Lots of limbs down around town. Anyway it’s all gone now but the eagles remain amongst other feathered friends.

We have birds, too.  Neighbor feeds them... ravens.  It gets like a scene for The Birds with 20 or 30 of them sitting on the power lines.

Saw a Golden Eagle standing on the ground once.  I had to do a double take. I stopped the car to make sure what I was seeing. It was big. Appeared to be 3 feet tall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1