Good sources to purchase vinyl online?

wuzzzer

Morning @wuzzzer

First  Discogs, then AcousticSounds for me.

The sellers at discogs have had a slowdown this year like most retailers. Out of more than a dozen sellers I only ran into one bad one, most are good honest folks there!

I've recognized a greater willingness to negotiate in a couple of them if I put more items in the cart this year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Google indie record stores in your area.  Many will ship free if you spend over $50 and that's easy to do today.  The guys I use are brothers and good peeps trying to make a buck.  Can search their store on line for whatever you want in store and they send me a weekly email w/new releases on it.  Order it and give your gold card info.  Mine are packaged well too.  I'm sure there's someone in your area.  Also eyeball Goodwill but check what you're getting first.  Have found some like new stuff in one that's fairly close to me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Google indie record stores in your area.  Many will ship free if you spend over $50 and that's easy to do today.  The guys I use are brothers and good peeps trying to make a buck.  Can search their store on line for whatever you want in store and they send me a weekly email w/new releases on it.  Order it and give your gold card info.  Mine are packaged well too.  I'm sure there's someone in your area.  Also eyeball Goodwill but check what you're getting first.  Have found some like new stuff in one that's fairly close to me.

I made a stop at our Goodwill last night and while they had a ton of records, they were all artists that I never heard of or had no interest in.  I did end up picking up a near mint soundtrack from the movie The Big Chill there, though.  All Motown hits.  $2.  Listened to the first side earlier today, sounded great.  I have a feeling all the mainstream artists sell pretty fast there.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I made a stop at our Goodwill last night and while they had a ton of records, they were all artists that I never heard of or had no interest in.  I did end up picking up a near mint soundtrack from the movie The Big Chill there, though.  All Motown hits.  $2.  Listened to the first side earlier today, sounded great.  I have a feeling all the mainstream artists sell pretty fast there.

Great movie. 

• Like 1

Not only a great movie but the soundtrack is pretty darn good too.  Just happen to have one!  lol  

That's the down-side of Goodwill and their records especially now w/the boom in vinyl.  I swear the one 20 miles from me has some used record store picking thru them first.  Mainly junk but I have found some darn nice big band LP's that sound great even in mono.  The dollar boxes full at auctions 5 years ago are now bringing 50-75 around here.  Just nuts!  You'll sort it out I'm sure!  :)

• Like 1