Found - WTB - one K61-K mid driver (or 2 if necessary) - Found

soulpianoman

3 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

I have 2 drivers that are original to Chorus II. Diaphrams too.

Many thanks @314carpenter!  I'm waiting to hear from another member who offered me a driver to confirm if it is a K61k and, when I hear, will circle back here.

21 minutes ago, soulpianoman said:

Many thanks @314carpenter!  I'm waiting to hear from another member who offered me a driver to confirm if it is a K61k and, when I hear, will circle back here.

you can use a K52H K52 k53 K55 K55m K57 K58 K59 K61 or K62 the driver numbers are specific to what cabinet they came out of.

1 minute ago, soulpianoman said:

Thanks carpenter, I need the actual driver(s).  Simply Speakers is a great company though and have purchased diaphragms/recones from them.

Oh, that's right. I was focused on the pic not the description. Diaphrams are everywhere. Drivers not so much.

• soulpianoman changed the title to Found - WTB - one K61-K mid driver (or 2 if necessary) - Found
5 hours ago, soulpianoman said:

Thanks Moray - that is helpful.  Do they all have the same bolt pattern then?  Essentially same driver with different names it sounds like?

yes to the bolt pattern question, the K52H (Hepner) and the K52m are the two exceptions as they differ in build a little but not a lot and I think it would be reasonable to say that most users would not hear a significant difference between them and the others which are all the same Klipsch made part.

12 hours ago, moray james said:

you can use a K52H K52 k53 K55 K55m K57 K58 K59 K61 or K62 the driver numbers are specific to what cabinet they came out of.

The k55 and k55m arent the same as the others mentioned and uses different diaphragms.

• Like 1