Klipschorns for sale

ABQ_JimB

1974 KC-BR Klipschorns.  Red oak veneered.  Both speakers need tops refinished, one speaker has chipped veneer on left front of cabinet (visible in photo)  Drivers all replaced with new Klipsch factory components, along with updated Klipsch internal crossover networks.  Consecutive serial numbers 6M368 and 6M369.  Purchased 1978 in Dallas from John Moss.  I love them, wife hates them.  Go figure... Pick-up in Albuquerque NM only.  Priced to sell at $2500 for pair.

khorn1.jpg

khorn2.jpg

khornSN.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

Beautiful KHorns! GLWS!

I'm not convinced that the veneer is oak.  The tag says it shipped as a Birch Raw, and the grain looks more like that.  Refined.

Although that second pic looks more like oak.  Re-veneered at some point?

On 11/5/2020 at 4:40 PM, Oicu812 said:

I'm not convinced that the veneer is oak.  The tag says it shipped as a Birch Raw, and the grain looks more like that.  Refined.

Although that second pic looks more like oak.  Re-veneered at some point?

You are correct , that is not a birch ply. The other give away is that edge banding has been added. This is not the original "KCBR" cabinet. This was a common modification for users to perform and I think they did a pretty good job. 

3 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

You are correct , that is not a birch ply. The other give away is that edge banding has been added. This is not the original "KCBR" cabinet. This was a common modification for users to perform and I think that did a pretty good job. 

Interesting.  Thank you for the information, I'm still learning.

Yes, I added the red oak veneer. The two pictures are taken in different lighting conditions, the finish is the same for both. 

I have the original drivers including K33 woofers. I will check for old crossover & post more pics of drivers with Klipsch boxes. 

• Thanks 1