Klipsch For Sale on an Auction Site

Peter P.

I'm watching a pair of kg4's on an auction site for an estate sale.

Bidding started at $1 and incremented in $1 steps. (Now that it's reached $45, bidding increments in $5 steps.)

Bid history is visible.

Every time a bid is made, another bid follows IN SECONDS, increasing by $1.

Are there sniping tools available for these auction sites? I thought they were only available for eBay.

I ask because I had entertained bidding for them (even though I don't need them!) at the last minute. I don't think my strategy is going to work because the auction has "Extended Bidding" where, if a bid is entered within the last 2 minutes, the auction is extended another 2 minutes. They've got the last sneaky loophole figured out, dammit...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

I'm watching a pair of kg4's on an auction site for an estate sale.

Bidding started at $1 and incremented in $1 steps. (Now that it's reached $45, bidding increments in $5 steps.)

Bid history is visible.

Every time a bid is made, another bid follows IN SECONDS, increasing by $1.

Are there sniping tools available for these auction sites? I thought they were only available for eBay.

I ask because I had entertained bidding for them (even though I don't need them!) at the last minute. I don't think my strategy is going to work because the auction has "Extended Bidding" where, if a bid is entered within the last 2 minutes, the auction is extended another 2 minutes. They've got the last sneaky loophole figured out, dammit...

Sounds like you are bidding against yourself. Try a 100.00 and see what happens.

11 hours ago, Alexander said:

Maybe a shill bot?

Usually if you raise your max bid your current bid would not change until another bid is placed by someone else.

This estate auction site doesn't allow max bidding in the same style as eBay i.e., you can't post an invisible max bid.

I stand corrected. Just for kicks, I registered for the auction and bid on the speakers ( I really have no interest in owning them unless they were a steal!).

The current high bid was $52 and the minimum increment was $5 ($57). I put in a bid of $76 and the screen annonunced the current high bid (me) was $57. So it does appear it functions like eBay. Here's hoping I get outbid otherwise I'll be owning a pair of speakers I don't need!