Made in America?

JayGeezy

• Moderators

Welcome to the Forum! 

We are all volunteers here, not officially with Klipsch, but there is a wealth of knowledge here. Did you have a specific product in mind? All of the Heritage line is made in the USA, all of the Professional Theater speakers are made in the USA, both lines in Hope, Arkansas.

MADE IN USA is a big thing for me, and I try to do that whenever I can. 

Travis

If you're looking at new Klipsch speakers, these are the ones made in the USA:

All Heritage.  This will be the Klipschorn, LaScala, Cornwall, forte and Heresy. 

The Reference RF-7 III and RC-64 III.

All Professional (cinema) series.

Hope this helps.

If you're looking at used speakers, there are many more USA made options. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Welcome to the Forum! 

We are all volunteers here, not officially with Klipsch, but there is a wealth of knowledge here. Did you have a specific product in mind? All of the Heritage line is made in the USA, all of the Professional Theater speakers are made in the USA, both lines in Hope, Arkansas.

MADE IN USA is a big thing for me, and I try to do that whenever I can. 

Travis

Hello

i need schooling on this to! The  Klipsch website says heritage are “designed and assembled” in the US. Doesn’t the mean the components and drivers could be from anywhere?

Thanks 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DTO said:

Hello

i need schooling on this to! The  Klipsch website says heritage are “designed and assembled” in the US. Doesn’t the mean the components and drivers could be from anywhere?

Thanks 

Yes it does, as far as the FTC rules and regulations go. Up until about 4 or 5 years ago, "Made in the USA" was perfectly fine for companies like Klipsch and McIntosh Labs, then the regulation changes got that all fouled up. 

Made in USA is very important to me too. Try finding American made shoes (Lucchese boots, Allen Edmonds, some New Balance); dress shirts (Gitman Brothers) it get's tougher and tougher all the time.

On the Klipsch speakers, the veneers are made in the USA, but the wood comes from all over the world depending on what it is. The fabric frames are made in the USA using fabric from European and American mills (like Oxxford and HF Suits) I think the lens are all made in the USA. I don't know where Audioquest sources their copper or where there wire is made, or the other wire they use.. The drivers, that I'm aware of, come from the US, Asia and Italy, but nearly all of them get their NEO from China (they control it until alternate sources can be developed in Canada), the networks are made in USA but I'm not sure where the capacitors and other parts come from. That leaves the wood for the plywood, glue, screws, paints and stains, and I have no idea on those. 

They are "Union Made" if that makes a difference.

The speakers that come out of the Hope Factory, like the ones below, from my point of view, are built in the USA (also engineered in the USA, designed in the USA). I don't think there has ever been a pair of Klipschorn made yet that were "assembled". 

After you tour the Hope Factory I think it is pretty evident they are made by hand in Hope . . . Arkansas with immense pride, by craftspeople like Karen,  for going on 75 years. 

ME Khorn.jpg

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Yes it does, as far as the FTC rules and regulations go. Up until about 4 or 5 years ago, "Made in the USA" was perfectly fine for companies like Klipsch and McIntosh Labs, then the regulation changes got that all fouled up. 

Made in USA is very important to me too. Try finding American made shoes (Lucchese boots, Allen Edmonds, some New Balance); dress shirts (Gitman Brothers) it get's tougher and tougher all the time.

On the Klipsch speakers, the veneers are made in the USA, but the wood comes from all over the world depending on what it is. The fabric frames are made in the USA using fabric from European and American mills (like Oxxford and HF Suits) I think the lens are all made in the USA. I don't know where Audioquest sources their copper or where there wire is made, or the other wire they use.. The drivers, that I'm aware of, come from the US, Asia and Italy, but nearly all of them get their NEO from China (they control it until alternate sources can be developed in Canada), the networks are made in USA but I'm not sure where the capacitors and other parts come from. That leaves the wood for the plywood, glue, screws, paints and stains, and I have no idea on those. 

They are "Union Made" if that makes a difference.

The speakers that come out of the Hope Factory, like the ones below, from my point of view, are built in the USA (also engineered in the USA, designed in the USA). I don't think there has ever been a pair of Klipschorn made yet that were "assembled". 

After you tour the Hope Factory I think it is pretty evident they are made by hand in Hope . . . Arkansas with immense pride, by craftspeople like Karen,  for going on 75 years. 

ME Khorn.jpg

Awesome! Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

To quote the Klipsch web site "designed and assembled in the USA"

There are too many non USA parts to state "Made in USA"

Change in parameters? Semantics? Splitting hairs?

To each their own.  

Its too sore of a subject for many that they (Klipsch)cant in fact claim MADE IN USA.  

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Allhartfidelity said:

To quote the Klipsch web site "designed and assembled in the USA"

There are too many non USA parts to state "Made in USA"

Change in parameters? Semantics? Splitting hairs?

To each their own.  

Its too sore of a subject for many that they (Klipsch)cant in fact claim MADE IN USA.  

I explained it up above, Heritage is Made in The USA, RF7III are made in the USA.

Some of the drivers are imported and the FTC changed their regs on that..Unfortunately many of the great driver suppliers have closed down or are off shore.

They are Union made.

Check out JBL and see where they are made.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

I explained it up above, Heritage is Made in The USA, RF7III are made in the USA.

Some of the drivers are imported and the FTC changed their regs on that..Unfortunately many of the great driver suppliers have closed down or are off shore.

They are Union made.

Check out JBL and see where they are 

I dont care about JBL. I care about the Heritage line of Klipsch. 

I had no idea RF7lll and New Heritage displayed a "Made in USA" badge. 

Since it has to have a certain percentage of American made parts to claim this, its good to know that this post is not misleading.

I must have misinterpreted the above. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, geezin' said:

Just how cheap is Chinese labor that it's still cheap even shipping product 7,000 miles?

Minimum wage in Beijing is $3.70US/hour.

Minimum wage in Guangdong is $2.16US/hour.

Those are the highest and lowest minimum wages by region in China. 

Cost of a loaf of bread in Beijing is 10.84¥. In Los Angeles it's $3,34 about twice the cost. Overall consumer prices are 90% higher in the US. SO that's not all that awful.

I've no idea on how to figure the cost of shipping but it cannot be that cheap unless you're moving a lot of product.