All In wall Klipsch Setup for Home theater

HTXNewbie

Welcome to the forum.  It's safe to say that very few on here have experience with in-wall speakers for their complete setup.  There's way too many compromises.  Most of us don't mind having our speakers out in the open.  🙂

• Like 1

HTXNeewbie: Welcome to the forum!!

I understand that you are building a 5.1.4 In-wall system with a budget of $1500-$2000 for all speakers and subs and placing them in a 17'x14' room and you'd like to know what is the best.

Please let me start by saying that your budget (no offense intended) may prove to be unrealistic. Given the compromises exhibited by most in-wall systems, and there are several, you may be hard-pressed just to purchase the 5 speakers needed for LCR and Surround duties alone. In order to try and gain the "best" performance from in-wall and in-ceiling speakers, I would recommend you consider units which have at least, 8" woofers. The least expensive Klipsch in-wall with an 8" woofer is the R-3800-W II priced at $384 each.

Five of them would cost $1,920+tax and any shipping: Boom: You're over two grand.

For ceiling speakers, I would recommend the CDT-2800-C II at $304 each. Four of them would set you back another $1,216 + Tax and any shipping. $1,920+$1,216=$3,136.

Finally, the minimum size sub I would recommend for a room that size (17'x14') would be a 12" Sub, but it really may need a 15". There is one Klipsch in-wall sub with two 8: drivers, the RW-5802-II, however it may not be available as there is no price currently listed.

Currently, Klipsch has their SPL Series subs on sale: The 12", SPL-12 is $449.00 ($3,136+$449=$3,585)  and the 15", SPL-15 is $749.00. ($3,136+$749=$3,885)

Naturally, there are many other smaller-sized Klipsch in-wall speakers (and subs) that have smaller drivers and prices, but they would most-likely be an additional compromise in performance, which may prove to be a deviation away your "Best" metric. I hope this information helps to get you started in your decisions. Best of luck! -Glenn

Hey guys I have a question. I bought the R625A two, RC52 and R41M for my rear. I got the speaker wire from Amazon which are 14 gauge but does not say in wall. Can I still use them by hiding in cable cover strips? Will there be chance of any fire hazard? If so which ones I can use? I have got the Home Theatre set from Costco which has Klipsch provided cables, but they don't look like 14 gague. Please help. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Jinesh said:

Hey guys I have a question. I bought the R625A two, RC52 and R41M for my rear. I got the speaker wire from Amazon which are 14 gauge but does not say in wall. Can I still use them by hiding in cable cover strips? Will there be chance of any fire hazard? If so which ones I can use? I have got the Home Theatre set from Costco which has Klipsch provided cables, but they don't look like 14 gague. Please help. Thanks.

Not sure why you're asking the question in someone else's post but I'll try to help. 

Are you wanting to run the cables in-wall or just use the strips to cover them?