Difference between 1132 and 1133 drivers

Dave A

As I begin working on projects more seriously I find I can't visually tell the difference between 1132 and 1133 drivers. I thought at one time the rubber ring around the magnet indicated 1132's but today as I am sorting I see rings on one marked 1133 from the factory. So I am back to guessing. I suppose my frequency sweep generator could sort them out but there must be some sort of visual indicator I would think.

This topic came up before here and I don't remember it ever being answered by someone who really knew. SO, how do you sort them out?

1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

In older drivers, the core was staked further down so that diaphragm was further away from the phase plug. In today’s drivers the have different phase plugs and different diaphragms. 

Thanks Roy for the reply. Is the difference between the 1132 and 1133 in earlier versions just the diaphragm? I cant see any visual differences and wonder how you sort them out.