Single Khorn Value

Gypsy

I thought I tracked Khorn singles but I guess not.  I tracked LS singles. 

Khorn pair averages $2200.  For a single I would value it at half the Average price for Type AA XO in Good condition, minus $100.  $1000 +/- $100 sounds about right.  @Schu ^^^ nailed it.

Here is your research tool. 

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2020-05.xlsx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, kuisis said:

Are these prices for just 2020? I have a pair of early 50's Khorns that I would never sell for the price you have listed.  I see you have speakers from even the 90's, I would say these prices are a bit out dated, no offense.

If you look at his spreadsheet you can get the dates the sales were confirmed so you can have as recent of data as you want.

There's a lot of factors that determine a pair of Khorn's value.

• Like 2

I would say that an average over a period of a decade isn't really that valid, as a history, yes, as a present value indicator I would say not.  I I have several speakers, including a pair of CP-1's and I see them selling for more than the "average" on that list. The best way would be to just do a search in the Garage Sale section on the model you are looking to sell.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kuisis said:

Are these prices for just 2020? I have a pair of early 50's Khorns that I would never sell for the price you have listed.  I see you have speakers from even the 90's,

I would say these prices are a bit out dated, no offense.

Of course I take offense!  Everybody here knows what a sensitive snowflake I am.  😥😆

+++

You said you would not sell your 50's Khorns for what the spreadheet average was.  I think the category of pre-60's Khorns exposes a weakness in that category, very few samples.  The AVG price is not very valid IMO, but at least someone reading the confirmed sale prices can see what other people bought or sold their speaker for.  You can click on any cell with a red triangle to see my detailed notes.

Pricing vintage stuff is an art, not a science.  Discussing how to value Heritage speakers is part of how I enjoy our audio hobby and all opinions are respected.  My spreadsheet is numbers on a page.  People buy and sell, I simply jot down what I see.  Nothing is personal.

I also don't always agree with what the spreadsheet says, but the numbers are the numbers.  Guys are welcome to use or not use the information as they see fit.  The bottom line is a used and even a new speaker is worth whatever a willing Buyer and a willing Seller can agree to.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kuisis said:

The best way would be to just do a search in the Garage Sale section on the model you are looking to sell.

The other best way would be to look in the Heritage Prices spreadsheet.  I'm sure I've missed a couple but I include the confirmed Sold prices in the spreadsheet.  If I see it I make a note of that type of information.

Not arguing, just trying to be helpful.  Have you ever tried to use the Klipsch Forums search engine?  Gak!  🤓

• Moderators
On 11/7/2020 at 3:04 PM, wvu80 said:

I thought I tracked Khorn singles but I guess not.  I tracked LS singles. 

Khorn pair averages $2200.  For a single I would value it at half the Average price for Type AA XO in Good condition, minus $100.  $1000 +/- $100 sounds about right.  @Schu ^^^ nailed it.

Here is your research tool. 

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2020-05.xlsx 346.94 kB · 52 downloads

Very nice of you to share this.

Travis

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

A search of "single" and "khorn" with get you a reasonable number of results to look through. 

I missed both of the ones you mentioned ^^^.

OTOH that search missed the single I noted for $700:

Cond B - Walnut single
Colorado Springs CL
bought by member khornbred to match with another 1962 single
07/23/17