Any experience w/motorized sun shades?

USNRET

Sun block in but see out---installed years ago at the in-laws place.  They work great, privacy while maintaining a view.  Not motorized, these were manual.  I recommend, except no experience with the motorized part.  Environment very windy and corrosive---just obviously don't let them get pummeled by the wind.

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Sun block in but see out---installed years ago at the in-laws place.  They work great, privacy while maintaining a view.  Not motorized, these were manual.  I recommend, except no experience with the motorized part.  Environment very windy and corrosive---just obviously don't let them get pummeled by the wind.

Any help with skeeters?

I have figured out you mean the outside installation.  No experience but the concept is the same just with sturdier construction.  We did consider those for ourselves but never pulled the trigger.  Mosquitos have never been an issue 20 stories high with 15 to 25 mph trade winds.

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I have figured out you mean the outside installation.  No experience but the concept is the same just with sturdier construction.  We did consider those for ourselves but never pulled the trigger.  Mosquitos have never been an issue 20 stories high with 15 to 25 mph trade winds.

Yep, thinking about having the ability to "close off" the patio from the sun and pest but also opening / closing one or more sections independently.

I've put up dozens of them. They are great when they are installed properly.

Find a good local dealer. Several good brands out there. 

What is the your widest opening? The wider they get the more issues. 

If you find someone, PM me the brand, motor type, and fabric options and I will help if I can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

I've put up dozens of them. They are great when they are installed properly.

Find a good local dealer. Several good brands out there. 

What is the your widest opening? The wider they get the more issues. 

If you find someone, PM me the brand, motor type, and fabric options and I will help if I can.

Thanks. Close on the 25th (I hope) and will be going from there.

Will then be able to give measurements, photos, issues....

Beauvais patio 2.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

You knock out a few beers everyday by the pool?

Fixed it, the pool is for my daughter. Thanks all goes well we close on the 25th and then the haunted house goes on the market.

• Like 1