Klipsch home theatre system setup

NinjaNick1

I just bought a 5 speaker system including the r-625fa fronts, r-41m surrounds and r-52c center. Would like to stick with a yamaha receiver but im new to all this and cant quite figure out what receiver models would be good for this setup. Also have an r-12sw woofer. Any help would be great.

I brought the exact same klipsch speakers and denon s750h. Ran through audyssey but not completely happy with the sound.

when I try to use SPL meter, even when I crank up the levels to +12db (which is the max), I still can’t get my SPL reading close to 70db. 

Any suggestions on if I am doing anything wrong? 

Im trying to figure all this stuff out myself. My Yamaha just had no problem getting the speakers up to 90 db and its a pretty basic reciever from what I have gathered. Bi-amp feature made little to no difference in dbs. What gauge speaker wire are you using, how far are the runs and is it a big room? Did you buy the speakers from a place similar to klostmo? Im using 14 guage wire I think.

Edited by NinjaNick1

I have a Denon AVR-x1500h IT states its 80 watts at 2 channels driven ... 

I talked to Denon They assure me Im Getting 80 Watts per channel at all channels driven .. its more than enough ..as far as Volume i dont ever get over 60db on volume its Really at that level on the reciever ... My Denon does not get Hot . I would think theres a internal problem with a receiver that got That hot