Klipsch Tangent 4000 and Tangent 5000

Msuwendy

34 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

So i manage to disassemble the speaker and found out that this is the T500 not the T5000

Tweeter k76k

Squawker K53K

Woofer k24k

And ku120 at the passive

Yes all of it is original not replacement

You may have to look at the xover for cap values as I don't recall seeing a schematic here on the board for the t500s. Maybe another member here just might and could post it up for us, or if you were to order Crites Ti tweeter diaphragms they could give it to you.

5 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

Yeap i guess it is what it is, do you modify it? I mean there are forum discussing about changing to k28k? But Bob Crites said we need to change several of the caps

Not a modder as such but just last week, there was a member asking about some as a project.

If you did a tangent search word, you will see him, and in the past others.

BTW, measure the baffle board for me. The rest are 1/2, but curious about the motor board.

Please...

1 hour ago, Alexander said:

You may have to look at the xover for cap values as I don't recall seeing a schematic here on the board for the t500s. Maybe another member here just might and could post it up for us, or if you were to order Crites Ti tweeter diaphragms they could give it to you.

Yeap, im looking for information regarding the woofer K24K is a 8ohm woofer now i have easy access on eminence delta pro 12a which is 8ohm as well, i wonder if its a possible substitue

36 minutes ago, billybob said:

Not a modder as such but just last week, there was a member asking about some as a project.

If you did a tangent search word, you will see him, and in the past others.

BTW, measure the baffle board for me. The rest are 1/2, but curious about the motor board.

Please...

Ill search for it, may i know what is the baffle board for me to help you measure? Sorry english is not my first language

31 minutes ago, billybob said:

Bob Crites and son have had many questions over time.

If they have an opinion or make a statement, just about would hang a Klipsch hat on it...

Yeap

• Like 1

I dont know how to resize my photos but i can describe what i see

So there is 2 identical caps T1 1.5k200v mexico and 1 smaller caps .. I.. I.. 1.25microF 10% and a purple standing bottle (elco is it?) 68mfd 100v

• Like 1

I have a pair of T-5000s and a pair of Heresy 2s.

At one time I thought of getting the H3 upgrade kit for the Heresy 2s.

But now I think it might be something to try in the T-5000s. Or in your case the T-500s.

You would get all of the H3 sonic improvement AND the inherent substantial bass of the T-5000...

9 hours ago, billybob said:

The baffle is the board that the speakers are mounted on.

You speak good enough english...

Thanks, my vocabulary is poor just basic english the measurement is weird 39inch x 14.9inch 

9 hours ago, billybob said:

Look at the values of the 5000 schematics and compare any difference, just for the doing.

Yeap trying to understand it

33 minutes ago, geoff. said:

I have a pair of T-5000s and a pair of Heresy 2s.

At one time I thought of getting the H3 upgrade kit for the Heresy 2s.

But now I think it might be something to try in the T-5000s. Or in your case the T-500s.

You would get all of the H3 sonic improvement AND the inherent substantial bass of the T-5000...

Can we just change the woofer to eminence delta pro 12a, i saw a guy build super heresy with that woofer in this forum, i saw my woofer K24 T500 is 8ohms, but yours T5000 will be K28 4ohms right? 

9 hours ago, Msuwendy said:

Can we just change the woofer to eminence delta pro 12a, i saw a guy build super heresy with that woofer in this forum, i saw my woofer K24 T500 is 8ohms, but yours T5000 will be K28 4ohms right? 

I was under the impression that if you change the impedance of a driver in a crossover designed for a specific impedance the crossover point will change as well.  

29 minutes ago, geoff. said:

I was under the impression that if you change the impedance of a driver in a crossover designed for a specific impedance the crossover point will change as well.  

Yes it did, but mine is 8ohm so with the same ohms can we just plug and play cause i dont want to spend the money and failed hahahah

• 4 weeks later...

Hi im returning to ask another few question after a long listen to this Tangent T500 vs T4000, so both are recepped with jetzen caps with the same value as the original and restored cabinet new glue and new stuffings, my concern is after a long read in the forum the T500/T5000 should have bigger and lower bass compare the ported one, but i seem to feel like the other way around, the T500 do feel Deeper than the T4000 but the T4000 seems to have more "forward" bass than the T500, whats weird is that i feel like with the same equipment and room, the T4000 seems to be more open and powerfull but not the T500 which is weird considering the size and the passive driver, anybody can help?

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 9:40 AM, Msuwendy said:

from extensive searching of the web it seems that the eminence delta pr 12a is the subtitute for the K42 from the klipsch pro series which is not popular for the Bass thump but very durable woofer CMIIW

39 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

Hi im returning to ask another few question after a long listen to this Tangent T500 vs T4000, so both are recepped with jetzen caps with the same value as the original and restored cabinet new glue and new stuffings, my concern is after a long read in the forum the T500/T5000 should have bigger and lower bass compare the ported one, but i seem to feel like the other way around, the T500 do feel Deeper than the T4000 but the T4000 seems to have more "forward" bass than the T500, whats weird is that i feel like with the same equipment and room, the T4000 seems to be more open and powerfull but not the T500 which is weird considering the size and the passive driver, anybody can help?

Going to drink a cup but, always thought a ported speaker dug lower. Maybe I am thinking of a rear ported or rear passive.

41 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

You mention new stuffing, what was used? The OEM both use sheets of foam rubber roughly 12” x 36” or so. Were these replaced with something else? Was something added in addition to the OEM foam? Not trying to imply anything just curious.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

That is always why I wanted a 400 to compare.

14 hours ago, billybob said:

Going to drink a cup but, always thought a ported speaker dug lower. Maybe I am thinking of a rear ported or rear passive.

With the ported i can feel the "Attack", with the passive i can feel the "heavy" and the "deep" and that makes the T500 feels bass heavy

14 hours ago, Alexander said:

You mention new stuffing, what was used? The OEM both use sheets of foam rubber roughly 12” x 36” or so. Were these replaced with something else? Was something added in addition to the OEM foam? Not trying to imply anything just curious.

I used the usual egg crates looking foam, the original only got  2 block of foam not even covering the whole area, does this explain why the bass is missing? i did with the ported as well but the ported seems to deliver nicely

14 hours ago, billybob said:

That is always why I wanted a 400 to compare.

i can help you in this department hehehe

• Like 1