Klipsch KSP 400 - Barrington, IL $900 - Questions

wvu80

I have No Afil with this sale and I listed it here because I have questions about the KSP 400.  They are rarely discussed here.  This is a Synergy series and I read they may have cost $3500 new in the 1990's, FS at $900 now.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/821946921876866/?notif_id=1604684534119120&notif_t=marketplace_price_drop&ref=notif

The knock on them seems to be a constant hum probably due to the integrated sub amp.

Does anybody know anything about them?  I find them good looking, and interesting.  Opinions, please.

122544130_739085626692256_22134362359451

• Like 1

With my limited experience with these, I have several thoughts:

This was perhaps Klipschs' attempt to compete with Definitive Technology speakers. They should have kept improving this line, it could have been pretty good for the home theater enthusiasts who didn't want the hassle of dealing with a subwoofer addition to their system.  The issue, as with most klipsch products with amplifies, is that they sourced very cheap ones...the worst China had to offer it seems!  So, instead of improving on that, they got rid of the line.  I'm guessing it didn't sell as well because they weren't as good as their competition at the time.  Also, your hard core Klipsch snobs wouldn't touch them because PWK didn't have a hand in the design.

I liked the look....something a little different than your typical box design with a nice curve on the top.

• Thanks 1

I had a pair that was in great condition , no problems , great sound ,  great amps ,  no issues , but  I recapped the  amps the moment I heard the amps were failing and quite a few were border line  when they were tested -

• Like 1

Here is a pair for $180 in Nashville. 
From the ad:

Klipsch KSF speakers and center
$180

Listed a day ago in Nashville, TN

Includes Klipsch KSF 400 tower speakers with subwoofers and Klipsch KSP c6 center speaker. Pretty decent wear and tear on these speakers but they sound great nonetheless. Makes for an excellent home theatre experience. One of the posts for connection broke off but it can easily be bridged with any cable.

Link

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Those speakers have now dropped to $500, down $700 from when they were first listed.  I wonder why?

the amps  are the main big item , to watch out for , in these speakers    , but , the crossovers are separated from the plate amplifier  -

if the amps are defective  nothing easier than running the powered speakers  through an external amplifier while  rewiring  the 6 binding posts to feed  from the external  amp - HF-MIDS-LF , but a decent recap of the amps is  the best option as these speakers were made between 97 and 99 , and the parts are not that expensive if the repair is done on time