Klipsch Belle rebuild

He has several re-build packages at different price points available other than the one for $4400.00 plus. I don't see any pricing of components in the package you are looking at to be way out of line either.

Greg is a good guy and does good work and offers nice products.

I have a pair of Belle with full Volti upgrades.

I also have a pair of "updated" Belles

The Volti's do sound wonderful but the improvements are not that dramatic.

I did not do the upgrades, someone else did. They did not get their investment back as I paid about half the price of the upgrades for the entire set of speakers plus all of the original parts (woofers, mid horn & driver, tweeters, AA x-over.

I guess my thought would be, if you can afford it, go for it. I wouldn't break the bank for the upgrade. If you think it is a good investment, I doubt that.

Don't get me wrong, they are very nice.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, glen not in the valley said:

Thank you for your thoughts, Mookie.

I also have a pair of Belles, original.  They were in storage for years and were purchased at an estate sale.  They sound very nice.  My only complaint is that the bottom end is a little light.  I wish they had more punch.

What x over do you have in yours.

The biggest improvement I made in mine was to get rid of the AB x over. 

They do sound great. The bass punch is still excellent. Just doesn't go real low.

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

and you are using the AA or the A

Love the AA x overs, have them in both sets of LSi that I have (both recapped)

When I threw out the AB, I went with the A4500 x over. I liked the idea of dropping the upper limits of the squawker to 4500hz from 6000. It seemed like a very nice improvement but I am not sure how much of the upgrade was due to replacing 30 year old cap, getting rid of the AB or dropping the cutoff.

Plus this meant replacing the K77 as well. Went with the CT125 at the time. Prefer the CT120 that is out now but not available then.

All in all, it was a very noticeable improvement.