La Scalas wanted in Michigan

djcindc

I know this is a bit of a fishing expedition, but here goes: I have a beautiful, meticulously restored Eico HF89 tube amplifier that I'm hoping to trade for a nice pair of La Scalas here in Michigan. It's a fantastic amp and is probably as nice an example of this amp as you'll find anywhere. It is in flawless working condition and, for the right trade, will come with either a nice quad of Prima Luna output tubes or NOS Mullards (about $500 value). The amp sounds fantastic. It's dead quiet and, with 50 watts of tube power, it has massive headroom, so it's capable of incredible transient bursts and cast an enormous soundstage. Really one of the finest amps I've ever heard. But in my small listening space with efficient speakers, I prefer the sound of my little Decware amp. I have close to $2K into the Eico, which I know I'm not likely to get out of it if I put it up for sale, which is why I'm hoping to find a great trade instead. I'm in no big rush, just putting feelers out there. Thanks for reading. (Happy to send pics)