Pulled

joessportster

21 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Those are awesome amps. I had a pair driving Cornscalas a few years ago and they sounded very good.

I'm really tempted.............

Perhaps you will allow me a polite question. If you were so happy with the QS Monos and Cornscala, why did you sell them and change the chain? Isn't it always called " never change a winning team ?  with my best personal regards

5 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Perhaps you will allow me a polite question. If you were so happy with the QS Monos and Cornscala, why did you sell them and change the chain? Isn't it always called " never change a winning team ?  with my best personal regards

I'm a mover and a shaker. Always shaking things up and moving things in and out.

Since that combo I've had six pairs of speakers and 8 amps come through in the span of six years.

Shakey

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I will chime in here as well. As a system matures things change that may or may not be what one considers a GOOD change, and further if your system continues to change you may very well find yourself in repeat mode IE.... component X, Y, or Z that you sold would be perfect for the new configuration

For me experimentation is also part of the fun in audio, and selling gear not in use allows me to buy something new (I dont have the space or the $$$ to keep it all)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, joessportster said:

I will chime in here as well. As a system matures things change that may or may not be what one considers a GOOD change, and further if your system continues to change you may very well find yourself in repeat mode IE.... component X, Y, or Z that you sold would be perfect for the new configuration

For me experimentation is also part of the fun in audio, and selling gear not in use allows me to buy something new (I dont have the space or the $$$ to keep it all)

I understand that very well. But my philosophy is that I´m very attached to good audio components that convince me completely. I get the kick by fine-tuning the whole chain in terms of XLR-, RCA cables, technical modifications on the speakers themselves, and expansion of the whole chain, e.g. hybrid solution with transistor preamplifier and tube mono power amplifiers.

Thanx for your kind chimming ....regards

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I understand that very well. But my philosophy is that I´m very attached to good audio components that convince me completely. I get the kick by fine-tuning the whole chain in terms of XLR-, RCA cables, technical modifications on the speakers themselves, and expansion of the whole chain, e.g. hybrid solution with transistor preamplifier and tube mono power amplifiers.

Thanx for your kind chimming ....regards

Consider yourself in the minority of those that have no curiosity which forces them to seek the next greatest piece of audio.😁  I cant tell you or anyone how much $$$ I might have saved over the years if I had found even 1 component that I felt there was no improving on 😈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, joessportster said:

Consider yourself in the minority of those that have no curiosity which forces them to seek the next greatest piece of audio.😁  I cant tell you or anyone how much $$$ I might have saved over the years if I had found even 1 component that I felt there was no improving on 😈

I understand this feeling.  I felt that same way about women for many years, but eventually you just have to accept the fact that the problem is internal and the pursuit is often self-defeating, lol.

• Haha 1

It is fun to be curious about hearing different equipment and discovering how music sounds when you change anything in the chain. Whatever draws me more into the music is always a good thing and I have fun with it. Fun is what life is all about. I am older but it has not stopped me from trying out a lot o f'new to me' equipment this past year - hence - McIntosh hybrid amp  that I loved sold to make way  for my first ever tube integrated amp, A Node 2i streamer into an R2R DAC, A Technics Turntable with Denon MC cartridge, Dave's Lmahl Tweeters in my fathers vintage Fortes, Heresy speakers made into Super Heresys and several other tweaks. i listen to music many more hours daily. More involving and fun but when I read someone on this forums experience with tube rolling or some other modification they tried and liked I just want to hear the results for myself to see if I get even more drawn in.

GLWS

• Like 2

I change my audio gear all the time

I buy, trade and so on to move up the food chain for better gear. I can say that I have one setup that I may keep for a few years as it’s been one of a handful that I’ve had over the years, that has that ( sweet sound ) that I’ve been looking for. But it’s in my dna that I’m never satisfied with what I have. So when kicking myself in the but many many times because I am sold or traded all this piece of gear that I wish I would’ve never gotten rid of

Glws

Here’s a pic of one of my turntable setups with a China tube amp, Klipsch H1’s and a new Pro-Ject essentials III Turntable

be65a9ea712d83d46197a8487209ad9f.jpg

2ca426b02fb5a3dc9a0897c64738e916.jpg

e99b54cfedc84d92d2147e360544ef9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2