Changing klipsch K24 or K27 to Eminence delta pro 12A

Msuwendy

18 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

Hi 

I have a Tangent speaker and would like to know if i can change the K24K (T500) and K27K (T400) a bit of a research they are rated at the same 8ohms

Thanks

I swapped out the stock K-22's in Heresy 1's to the 12A rather successfully.  I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for you, you can always put them back to stock if you don't like the result (which won't happen!).

22 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

I swapped out the stock K-22's in Heresy 1's to the 12A rather successfully.  I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for you, you can always put them back to stock if you don't like the result (which won't happen!).

K24 suppose to be the heresy 2 right? So you just plug and play? How does the bass response? Thanks, i need a loads of comment and research cause where im from there is no refund policies hahaha

In the Heresy pair, I reworked the crossovers by replacing the capacitors, and exchanged the woofer with the Delta Pro.  It woke the nearly 50 year old speakers up.  Great sound, more bass, and just an all around great upgrade.  I would think about replacing all of the capacitors in your crossovers, as they are all 30 - 40 years old.

The K-24-K is the 12" woofer from a Heresy II and others.  It's a straight swap in, pull the old out and put the new one in.  I would suggest using 8 screws to put the new woofer in, as opposed to the 4 that the factory used.  Belt and suspenders, ya know...

If I had it to do all over again, I would.  It made that much difference.  How long have you had your speakers?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

In the Heresy pair, I reworked the crossovers by replacing the capacitors, and exchanged the woofer with the Delta Pro.  It woke the nearly 50 year old speakers up.  Great sound, more bass, and just an all around great upgrade.  I would think about replacing all of the capacitors in your crossovers, as they are all 30 - 40 years old.

The K-24-K is the 12" woofer from a Heresy II and others.  It's a straight swap in, pull the old out and put the new one in.  I would suggest using 8 screws to put the new woofer in, as opposed to the 4 that the factory used.  Belt and suspenders, ya know...

If I had it to do all over again, I would.  It made that much difference.  How long have you had your speakers?

Thanks a lot for the reply, i just got it 2 days ago very beaten up speakers the tangent T500 but ongoing restoration right about now, crossover also upgraded with same value jenzten caps, and waiting for crites new TI dia for the tweeter, last will be di change the woofer to eminence just like what you recommend

Btw by means you reworked the crossovers u mean changing it to new caps with the same value right? 

Thanks

Changing the caps is what is needed, same values in your case.  What I did was to build what they call around here "Super Heresy", which involved changing my crossovers to basically a Cornwall B instead of a Heresy E.  It's not something you want to do with your new speakers, as it was designed for a different model.  @Msuwendy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

Changing the caps is what is needed, same values in your case.  What I did was to build what they call around here "Super Heresy", which involved changing my crossovers to basically a Cornwall B instead of a Heresy E.  It's not something you want to do with your new speakers, as it was designed for a different model.  @Msuwendy

Yes true my speaker is not heresy its a Tangent thats why i asked if i can just swab the woofer without changing the values of the caps

Hi, I want to recap my Klipsch Heresy I. Date code: 1985. E-2 Crossover...

anyone know if using different value capacitors for the 2uf is ok....?

reason being that I have some nice 3uF Dynamicap and 2.7uF Mundorf from a previous project that I never followed through with... 

would I be able to get away with this.?

hopefully doesn’t make the mids and highs  any louder or brighter lol...

i find it a little unbalanced with the woofer...

I was thinking of adding the 16ohm 10w resistor across the squawker.. 

And changing the taps...

thx

Edited by Maxx

On 11/13/2020 at 10:28 AM, Msuwendy said:

Hi 

I have a Tangent speaker and would like to know if i can change the K24K (T500) and K27K (T400) a bit of a research they are rated at the same 8ohms

Thanks

best woofer overall is the k28 Klipsch  4ohms , used in the T5000, and the Heresy  3-4