Crites 15” woofer?

Proudpapa

13 hours ago, Proudpapa said:

Has anyone ever used Crite’s 15” woofer to replace an existing Chorus  ll woofer? If so was it a perfect replacement match? Needing to replace woofers and passive radiator in Chorus ll’s. 

no - bad choice -

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Proudpapa said:

Has anyone ever used Crite’s 15” woofer to replace an existing Chorus  ll woofer? If so was it a perfect replacement match? Needing to replace woofers and passive radiator in Chorus ll’s. 

Have you asked  Bob Crites about a suitable replacement?

• Like 1

I have talked with Crite’s they don’t carry a direct replacement.Reconing is not a option .I acquired these speakers and other than one of them missing a woofer they're in very good condition. Previous owner took the woofer in to get it replaced/repaired and then the place went out of business and no woofer.

9 minutes ago, Proudpapa said:

I have talked with Crite’s they don’t carry a direct replacement.Reconing is not a option .I acquired these speakers and other than one of them missing a woofer they're in very good condition. Previous owner took the woofer in to get it replaced/repaired and then the place went out of business and no woofer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Single-Klipsch-k-48-E-Chorus-1-Woofer-15-Driver-Eminence-4-ohm-Works-Great/224226684012?hash=item3434f3ac6c:g:i4MAAOSwBLxfcNb3

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Proudpapa said:

Thanks everyone! I tried calling Eminence on Friday but they were closed.Calling first thing Monday.

Why not just get the one for sale on ebay? You are going down a path that has been tried many many times before to no avail. Just saying

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KROCK said:

@Proudpapa There's been discussions here on a replacement for the C2. If I recall, it's the eminence kappa 15lfa.

I put every Eminence 15" for which I had data into WinISD, assuming that the internal volume of the Chorus II is about 132 liters, and tuned to about 39 Hz. Attached are the three best fits that I found. Red is Kappa-15LFA, magenta is Kilomax Pro 15A, and cyan is Omega Pro-15A. Be aware that the Pro woofers have a slightly larger diameter than the non-Pro woofers. Also be aware that all of these woofers are 8 Ohms.

BestMatch.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Alexander said:

@Proudpapa  JJPTKD is a member here who is selling that woofer, maybe contact him directly & im sure the price would be better on a direct sale due to the fees ebay & paypal charge...  or at least worth asking him. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

@Proudpapa  JJPTKD is a member here who is selling that woofer, maybe contact him directly & im sure the price would be better on a direct sale due to the fees ebay & paypal charge...  or at least worth asking him. 

Yes, @jjptkd

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/profile/58550-jjptkd/

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

Hmmm ...

The LEAP info that @mustang_flht referenced changes things slightly. Here is the same graphic as before, except K48 info added in blue. The best match is now probably the Kappalite 3015LF, in green, though the others are still good.

K48K.png

Sorry if I am missing something (I am actually legally blind) but is there a key to be able to discern which line correlates to which driver?  White backgrounds are really tough on me.

8 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Sorry if I am missing something (I am actually legally blind) but is there a key to be able to discern which line correlates to which driver?  White backgrounds are really tough on me.

I wish that there was a way to color-code the driver legend in WinISD, but it's free software and you get what you pay for.

Red is Kappa-15LFA
Magenta is Kilomax Pro-15A
Cyan is Omega Pro-15A
Green is Kappalite 3015LF
Blue is Klipsch K48

They're all so close that any one of them would be a reasonable match. The remaining issue will be 8 Ohm vs. 4 Ohm, and driver diameter. And don't forget that the numbers I used for the enclosure size and tuning frequency were just estimates.