Parental Phrases

oldtimer

Speaking of pots and windows.... we once had a dog out here on the farm....  had some family over for the weekend in their camper.  One of the gals (wife's first cousin) lives in Nashville and does the "country" thing....had some brand spanking new boots on.

Well...don't  you know the dog went up to her to check her out.....  hiked his leg....  peed on her leg which....yes.....  wait for it.....  went down into her brand new boots giving her squishy feet.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

15 hours ago, Coytee said:

Said by a black woman friend that we razzed about OJ Simpson being guilty...

"Ya'll better shut up or I'll smack that white right off your face"

"Yall better shut up or I'll slap you into next week"

Even thought he was let off by the "race card," not a single person, black or white, believes OJ was innocent, even thought he PAID for a "not guilty verdict."

From a random black guy in line for something locally: "She better not do that again or I'll pull an OJ on her."

To stick to the OP, my mom used to say: "Don't put butter on your toast if you are putting peanut butter on it."

My science teacher once said: "You can fool the butcher, you can fool the baker, but you can't fool the undertaker." I still don't know what that means!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, muel said:

"This is going to hurt you a lot more than it's going to hurt me..."

I appreciate the honesty. 

lol, went to dermatologist once to have some basil cell taken off the tip of my nose...  needed to be numbed.  As he approached me with (what appeared to be a three foot long needle to numb it....but was of course, a small one)  I asked him "Is this going to hurt me more than it hurts you???"

"Yep" was his only reply.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, oldtimer said:

You don't know shit from shinola.

I use to get that one too. 

One of Dad's favorites any time I decided to do something my way, as opposed to the way I was told....  he'd yell out,  "I'm Hoyle!!".  lol,

Does anyone get it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

Speaking of pots and windows.... we once had a dog out here on the farm....  had some family over for the weekend in their camper.  One of the gals (wife's first cousin) lives in Nashville and does the "country" thing....had some brand spanking new boots on.

Well...don't  you know the dog went up to her to check her out.....  hiked his leg....  peed on her leg which....yes.....  wait for it.....  went down into her brand new boots giving her squishy feet.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

......warm and squishy feet.