New speakers

geezin'

27 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Did you get them at the $144 each sale price?

Yes right from Klipsch. Others online either had the full price or out of stock. It was $308.16 w/taxes. Ordered a Fluance RT80 turntable too. Haven't listened to real home audio in a decade plus. Stoked to hear some vinyl on good speakers. Think the first one I spin will be Long Misty Days by Robin Trower.

Edited by geezin'
  • Like 4

On 11/16/2020 at 4:45 PM, geezin' said:

Yes right from Klipsch. Others online either had the full price or out of stock. It was $308.16 w/taxes. Ordered a Fluance RT80 turntable too. Haven't listened to real home audio in a decade plus. Stoked to hear some vinyl on good speakers. Think the first one I spin will be Long Misty Days by Robin Trower.

Sounds like a solid plan, welcome and keep us informed on your journey. That Fisher looks great.

Well it's all here. Set up the speakers and receiver and played the radio for a bit. Set up the turntable (forgoing burn in) and spun side 1 of an import Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. Then dug up the first record I ever bought with my own money (Aerosmith-Toys in the Attic)and it's playing now i the background. Man I missed that sound. Digital stiff is clean but it's cannot compete with analog to me.

Volume is muted 'cause everything is new to me and well it's late and I've got neighbors. Got to say I'm very pleased with it so far. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday we'll see some volume but the Fisher surprises with quality of reproduction at low volumes. The speakers surprise as well. I was wondering whether I'd need a sub 'cause of the small woofer. So for doesn't appear to be an issue. Wish I didn't have t work tomorrow and could stay up and rummage through the records picking at random but oh well.

• Like 5

Congratulations on Your purchase! Now let´s see how long until You´ll buy some Heritage speakers to match that Fisher! You read lot´s of praise here on the combination of Fishers and Heresys, for example. Don´t want to lessen the RF610fs in any way, but that´s the way it goes, more often than not, on this Forum.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, geezin' said:

. Man I missed that sound. Digital stiff is clean but it's cannot compete with analog to me.

No offense. But that's because I'd be willing to bet you've (like most people) never actually heard an all-digital recording/playback system.

That being said, I understand where you're coming from.

• Like 2

@AndreG.We'll see but financial constraints dictated a lower level purchase. Eventually a move up will happen. I'm just pleased to have quality sounds bouncing around the home again. :D

@arttoThe digital I reffered to is my iMac with CDs ripped to iTunes playing through the onboard speakers. This is a big jump up for me after years of the aforementioned set up.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, geezin' said:

Everything's starting to sound better. I was using the receiver's built in preamp but noticed some records sounded louder than others. So I switched over to the one in the turntable and all is OK. The journey continues.

Very good deal, glad it worked out.

• Like 1

It's interesting to hear the sound expand in breadth and depth as stylus and cartridge run-in. I guess speaker break-in adds to it as well.

Tested platter speed new and last night after oh....15 hours I guess. Was 33.7 new and settled to 33.4 so far. Not that I could actually hear a difference yet. Must admit to searching cartridges and styli. :D

Do want some more records though. Damn they're not $7 US any more.

Edited by geezin'
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...