2 Electro Voice Wolverine LS-12 $125 Columbus OH

Woofers and Tweeters

From the ad:
"Used Mid Century speakers for sale. Each cabinet is in great shape with very little wear overall. Each has a Electro Voice Wolverine LS-12 running full range, direct wired. Sound nice, but could also be a great project as cabinets have plenty of room and are solid. Local pickup only."

The cabinets look like a good start for some nice speakers. 

701923387_EVwolv.jpg.16c2c3dd4af191fca6741e2ff0b086bb.jpg

• Like 1

- these are custom made furniture  --bigger than a Heresy -4-6 inches wider - 6 inches taller for sure ----cabs are 60's   , thick veneer -

very similar to  an old TV  cabinet   , the backs must be thin wood or maconite -

Those look like the EV Aristocrat. Sold mine but, was nice with tone control in rear. Hardware cloth looks identical. Have the same coax Wolverine by EV in a mono speaker here. Looks like good thick wood, open in the rear for a corner. Designed by PWK...sold as a kit or prebuilt.

Very nice price.

Edited by billybob

53 minutes ago, billybob said:

Those look like the EV Aristocrat. Sold mine but, was nice with tone control in rear. Hardware cloth looks identical. Have the same coax Wolverine by EV in a mono speaker here. Looks like good thick wood, open in the rear for a corner. Designed by PWK...sold as a kit or prebuilt.

Very nice price.

I remember seeing yours. I know that EV had designs that many used to build their own. There is a pair of EV Marquis here that my dad bought in the late 60s. I don't know what the drivers are, but they're not the Wolverine. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I remember seeing yours. I know that EV had designs that many used to build their own. There is a pair of EV Marquis here that my dad bought in the late 60s. I don't know what the drivers are, but they're not the Wolverine. 

Cool, think I recall your mentioning the Marquis.

My cabinet had a Norelco coax and a super tweeter, lol.