Finally purchased: La Scala Metro Atlanta

CWOReilly

Thank you! I'm happy to be here.

I would consider a reasonable price for stock originals at around $1000-$1500. All I keep finding locally are people expecting several thousand. Probably because they see new ones at 10k and go "Oh! we can easily get 5k!" and still half a day away. Local ebay sales even tell me my reasonable price isn't far off. So I hope someone here may be able to help.

Closest I've seen in our region has been TN, FL and DC the last couple of months.

I passed on a NM pair with an unattractive dark finish a couple years ago because of narrow twisting, turning stairs on a two storey deck.

Regret not making it work since. They pop up in the ACC infrequently.

You'll have to be patient, pay big $ for palletized shipping or see if Cory @Paducah Home Theater has some B-Stock.

The guy I bought mine from originally asked $8000.  I told him $1500 was as high as I would go and he said “is that each?”  I told him no that’s for the pair.  He refused at first, then he called me two hours later and told me to come get them. Just wait for the right ones to come up for sale.

Edited by Pintoracer
Alteration
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Nessem4 said:

If you were interested in some minty CW ii’s with upgrades, I have some in your budget. I’m local, too. Doubtful (since you specifically said la Scala’s), but thought I’d throw it out there. 

Already have a modded pair of Cornwalls. Thank you for the offer.

11 hours ago, Pintoracer said:

The guy I bought mine from originally asked $8000.  I told him $1500 was my as high as I would go and he said “is that each?”  I told him no that’s for the pair.  He refused at first, then he called me two hours later and told me to come get them. Just wait for the right ones to come up for sale.

That was lucky. Only guy that I had a $1500 deal on a pair with sold them to someone else the morning we were to actually make the deal. Turns out he didn't really sell them. His ad popped back up weeks later. He wouldn't reply to me. We assume he was just phishing. What looks like the same pair popped up yesterday in a different city. I'm tired of liars, cheaters,  and scammers. So I'll just keep waiting for the right ones to come along. I think it's been around 2 years now of just waiting. 9 months of actively searching.

Edited by CWOReilly

5 hours ago, CWOReilly said:

Already have a modded pair of Cornwalls. Thank you for the offer.

That was lucky. Only guy that I had a $1500 deal on a pair with sold them to someone else the morning we were to actually make the deal. Turns out he didn't really sell them. His ad popped back up weeks later. He wouldn't reply to me. We assume he was just phishing. What looks like the same pair popped up yesterday in a different city. I'm tired of liars, cheaters,  and scammers. So I'll just keep waiting for the right ones to come along. I think it's been around 2 years now of just waiting. 9 months of actively searching.

It sucks that you have had no luck!  I hope you find some real soon.  They are worth the wait.