La Scalas wanted in Arizona

Jefe

Welcome to the forum.

Closest set I found on Craigslist is in Dallas. Priced rather high for the condition

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/d/dallas-klipsch-speakers/7231170314.html

None closer on E Bay, and all over $3000.

I advise patience. I got a set of refinished birch regular for $1200 three years ago, and have seen others for reasonable prices. They come up for sale occasionally here in the southwest, but be prepared to drive to get them. I've seen them here in the Phoenix metro area, but also in Tucson and Albuquerque. (And all points in between)

8 hours ago, JBCODD said:

Welcome to the forum.

Closest set I found on Craigslist is in Dallas. Priced rather high for the condition

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/d/dallas-klipsch-speakers/7231170314.html

None closer on E Bay, and all over $3000.

I advise patience. I got a set of refinished birch regular for $1200 three years ago, and have seen others for reasonable prices. They come up for sale occasionally here in the southwest, but be prepared to drive to get them. I've seen them here in the Phoenix metro area, but also in Tucson and Albuquerque. (And all points in between)

Thank you! If you see any that fit the bill please let me know. I'll definitely make a road trip for the right pair.

37 minutes ago, Jefe said:

Thank you so much. What would you offer on those?

I would ask for more pictures and full background before considering an offer. In the single pic they appear clean, but for that price he must be looking for a seriously motivated buyer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TasDom said:

These are in Modesto, CA. Not splits but industrials...

https://modesto.craigslist.org/ele/d/turlock-klipsch-la-scala/7220194085.html

00404_4TMMuQOta2Y_07g09G_1200x900.jpg

Those are a bit too industrial for me with the metal around the cabinets. They're going to be in my great/family room so a dark wood cabinet is preferable. How common are the splits with the tapered top cabinet?

On 11/19/2020 at 10:09 PM, Jefe said:

Those are a bit too industrial for me with the metal around the cabinets. They're going to be in my great/family room so a dark wood cabinet is preferable. How common are the splits with the tapered top cabinet?

The splits are not very common. I rarely see them for sale. 

10 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

These just posted yesterday. Looks like a fantastic buy from what I can see. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1009454926216459/

I can probably help with securing them if needed... Just reimburse be for fuel as I live in Denver. 

Thanks for trying to help me out. Unfortunately I didn't see your post until they had already sold. I would have jumped on them had I seen them sooner.

3 minutes ago, Jefe said:

Thanks for trying to help me out. Unfortunately I didn't see your post until they had already sold. I would have jumped on them had I seen them sooner.

If your looking to find original La Scala’s you need to be ready to jump on them quick. It seems to me that more people are finding out about the quality Klipsch heritage speakers provide at a fairly affordable price. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nickyboy6100 said:

If your looking to find original La Scala’s you need to be ready to jump on them quick. It seems to me that more people are finding out about the quality Klipsch heritage speakers provide at a fairly affordable price. 

I'm ready to jump....I just didn't see @yamahaSHO post. If I had seen it in time I would have paid the lady immediately. I have this thread set to Notify me of replies but I never get anything.

2 minutes ago, Jefe said:

I'm ready to jump....I just didn't see @yamahaSHO post. If I had seen it in time I would have paid the lady immediately. I have this thread set to Notify me of replies but I never get anything.

No, I hear you. I’m more speaking on my own experience. I looked for quite awhile for my first set of La Scala’s and then foolishly sold them. I did find another set and jumped on them right away. Don’t get discouraged. You will find some.  Just be ready when you do. Good luck!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nickyboy6100 said:

No, I hear you. I’m more speaking on my own experience. I looked for quite awhile for my first set of La Scala’s and then foolishly sold them. I did find another set and jumped on them right away. Don’t get discouraged. You will find some.  Just be ready when you do. Good luck!

I hope they sound as amazing as I remember from when I was a kid in the 80s.