New Member and W.T.B. Klipsch in CO

8 Ohms

Hello form Denver Colorado. Long time lurker, first time poster.

A little about me - I am closer to the end of my stereo quest than the beginning. The last major piece of the puzzle I am trying to locate are a pair of Klipsch speakers that will end my carrousel ride. Maybe that is backwards, but it is the path I have chosen as equipment came up. Why Klipsch? Not really sure. I understand they have an awesome reputation. A great history story. Designed and made here in the USA. Drop dead gorgeous looks. All of the above? Sure, why not.

I started my stereo journey back in 1976 while in high school. I still have my Kenwood KA-3500 amp and KT-5500 tuner that I purchased in high school running in one of our bedrooms. After many systems over the years, I am currently running a McIntosh MC162 amplifier with a McIntosh C40 pre. Absolutely mellifluous sounding in my opinion and it is with those that will keep me happy till I cannot hear anymore. I was running some vintage AR2ax speakers which are very nice till I found a pair of JBL 4312c monitors which I thought sounded better than the AR's. My room is about 14 x 26 with standard ceiling height. I listen to classic rock, jazz, some classical. Not a fan of new country or opera. Ears are still in good shape amazingly enough and I like to listen at levels for conversation with family and friends and quite loud when I'm home alone. 

I would like to find a pair of very gently used Forte I, II, III, IV ............. or a pair of Chorus I, II ........  but good used Klipsch speakers seem to be far and few between out here. When they do come up, they are usually smoked, hashed, ridden hard and put away wet. Lots of Heresays to be found from time to time but I can only remember one pair of Fortes on the market about two or three years ago that I missed out on by minutes. So looking for used, will be a hit and miss proposition that could take months or even years. Or.......................

Or I could buy new. With money being an object, I think the Forte will be close to my limit - $4K for a pair? Unfortunately there are no Klipsch dealers out here to audition them. 

So, that is my short story, and thank you for taking the time to read this. Now you know my history, stereo gear, desire, room size, and musical taste. Would the new Forte be a good choice for my system? 

Thanks in advance and I eagerly await all your thoughts.