What AVR and Main Speakers Should I Pair with my RP-504C

J.D.

@J.D.,

Welcome to the forum.

I think the RP-504C will mate very well with a pair of RP-8000F's.

What are the dimensions of your room?

Is it an open room(family room/kitchen/nook) with high ceilings?

How loud do you play?

What is the ultimate goal of this system?  3.1, 5.1, 7.1, Atmos, etc.?

IMO, without any answers to these questions, get an upper mid-level or higher AVR that also has multichannel preouts if you want to add an outboard amp to the mix in the future.

Bill

• Like 2

RP-8000F would be a great choice. As far as the AVR it just depends on what you are going for and what price you are willing to pay.  It also depends on if you want to purchase new or if you will be scouring the used market. Klipsch speakers are easy to drive, so you really don't need massive amounts of power to drive them unless that's just what you want to do.

Some AVRs that are easy to order and offer something that's affordable while being high quality would be the Denon X3600H ($899), Denon X4500H ($1199), and the Marantz SR-7013 ($1599). There are also monster AVRs out there such as the Denon X8500H ($3999) or the Marantz SR-8015 ($3199). 

I have the SR-8012 ($2499) myself in my HT which puts out 140 watts/channel and a Yamaha A770 in another room, which puts out 95 watts/channel.  Either receiver drives my Klipsch speakers easily. Many people use their COSTCO membership to pick up decent AVRs for a much lower price.

Yamaha has some good AVRs but it looks like the availability right now is very low. 

• Like 2

Great suggestions, all ^^^!  Add my voice to theirs.  I have RF-83's, RS-63's and the RC-64 III.  I suggest building a system from the center out as you have already done.

I do have one suggestion to add.

When you buy consider purchasing from @Paducah Home Theater owned by fellow forum member Cory.  He was here as a contributing member long before he was a Klipsch dealer.  He offers excellent service, as honest advice that is good for you, not necessarily him although the two paths can benefit both.  He also has excellent prices and he ships all over the country.  I have bought from him before as have many on this forum.  Contract him via PM, ask the same questions and get his take.

Welcome to the forums.  With the 504C you are off to a great start in your audio journey.  -Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
[mention=78335]J.D.[/mention],

Welcome to the forum.

I think the RP-504C will mate very well with a pair of RP-8000F's.

What are the dimensions of your room?
Is it an open room(family room/kitchen/nook) with high ceilings?
How loud do you play?
What is the ultimate goal of this system?  3.1, 5.1, 7.1, Atmos, etc.?

IMO, without any answers to these questions, get an upper mid-level or higher AVR that also has multichannel preouts if you want to add an outboard amp to the mix in the future.

Bill

Thank you for your response. I have purchased a pair of RP-8000F’s and I also picked up a Yamaha RX-V6A. Still looking to do rear speakers and Wall mounted Atmos speakers and a new sub woofer. I have an old KLH that is doing the job but it is due to be replaced soon. In the mean time I have the 8000f bi-amped, but that will go away when we add rear speakers. Unless someone has an alternative way to keep them wired this way.

Room is 13x25 with 9’ ceiling.
Room has openings to the kitchen and foyer the openings are about 5’ wide and then it has 2 32” walk throughs to a bedroom and to a small hall.
Music I play a little loud when I am alone and also we play movies a little loud but not extremely loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk