New Beast Horn Sub for Basement 2 Channel! WOW

ClaudeJ1

sub woofer disease on "your scale" requires a lot of REAL ESTATE  - my car has a nice home in my bad *** garage - and yes - lenses are cheap compared to my ride but thats what $$$ is for since i don't have room for subs half the size of my living space

4D5A0686-5342-44C5-8FDD-645AE9217643_1_105_c.jpg

21 hours ago, ben. said:

That B&C 21 is serious. Yorkville used that in some subs. First to mass market, I believe.

Pretty sure Danley uses 2 of those in the TH-221 Cinemonster sub. 3,000 watts  for continuous 138 db output, 1`2 kilowatts max/peak power! It will scare strangers in the same room for sure.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 6:39 PM, ClaudeJ1 said:

Much like the 1812 Overture WARNING label about the output of the Canons...........they were used by the local Audio Engineering Society Members who were early CD adopters to set up their direct radiator sub-woofers, like M&K,  in the early 80's,  to just below destruction levels. I no longer have to worry about doing that with this BT-7 however look at the label below:

BT7warning.jpg

time to buy a good DB  METER

Pretty sure Danley uses 2 of those in the TH-221 Cinemonster sub. 3,000 watts  for continuous 138 db output, 1`2 kilowatts max/peak power! It will scare strangers in the same room for sure.

Yorkville put them in a mid-size front loaded box with the back wave horn loaded.

One of my VTC line array early adopters bought 12 of them cause they didn’t like our 2x12 tapped horn. The first show in the US they were used on was a rap artist named Young Jeezy or something at the hockey arena in Dayton, OH.

You know that moment at a general admission show where the headliner comes out and the crowd rushes the stage? They said that happened, but when the bass first hit, it stopped the crowd in their tracks.

They had the subs stacked on their sides 6 over 6 along the front. One guy’s job was to watch them and replace the broken heavy duty ratchet straps they were secured with. They broke numerous straps.

The office section of the building had just been remodeled. All the pictures fell off the wall, along with loads of ceiling tiles.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Really nice shot of your car. Now all it needs is a hot blonde standing behind it! LOL.

Been there done that lol - I’ll try and call you tomorrow - my wife and I were riding our bikes to the beach when you called now sitting down to thanksgiving dinner - happy thanksgiving

• Thanks 1