Guitar lovers

DizRotus

On 3/19/2021 at 1:20 AM, blissann said:

I wouldn't have let anything get in the way when it came to where I wanted to take my music.

Exactly.  the good thing about writing music is that it's yours. You can take it any direction you want to go.

I often wish I would have studied theory; but in the end, I just do what I feel.  I remind myself a bit of Queen's bassist John Deacon.  He started playing that riff for Under Pressure and then they took a dinner break and went out for pizza. when they returned to the studio, he was asked to play it again and he'd already forgot it. Fortunately, Rog remembered it. I play something and tell myself "this is gold" and the next day can't remember it.  Sometimes it comes back to me though when just noodling.  We are quite predictable if not consciously thinking about what we're playing ... often that saves us.  You start playing something without thinking and then "oh ... that's what I was yesterday!"