SOLD - Beautiful Birch La Scalas

jimjimbo

SOLD. SOLD. SOLD
1981 Raw Birch Klipsch La Scalas

Here is a chance to own an absolutely gorgeous pair of raw birch 1981 La Scalas in the configuration you prefer. The cabinets are in overall excellent shape, with a few dings here and there, but commensurate with their age. I guess I would rate them at 8.5 out of 10. Cabinets have been treated with Watco Rejuvenating Oil in clear natural color. Each configuration has been fully tested and all components are in excellent condition.

Attached photos have been taken to show the cabinets prior to your choice of components. Differences in shading is purely the fault of my mostly terrible lighting in the space....but they are both consistently mellow golden.

Option 1: All original heritage parts $1995
Tweeters – K77M Square magnet drivers
Midrange – K55V push pin drivers, with new driver to horn gaskets
Woofers – K33E Square Magnet. Woofer hatch has new sealing gasket
Crossovers – AA configuration (no mods, all original)

Option 2: All new components $2750
Tweeters – DaveA MAHL tweeter lens with DE-120 drivers (the synergy between these tweeters with the A55G and K55V mid drivers is outstanding)
Midrange – A55G drivers, with new driver to horn gaskets OR...a pair of the endangered solder lug K55V drivers, rarely seen outside of the jungles of Alaska.
Woofer – Eminence Kappa 15C. Woofer hatch has new sealing gasket (Superb woofer that is quick and dynamic in the mid-bass region.) These woofers have been "burned in" for approx. 35 hours, and they sound excellent.
Crossovers – AA configuration with all new components, including autoformers and coils from Crites. New capacitors which are Jantzen Z-Superior from Parts Express. These crossovers have been fully tested and sound terrific.

Upon payment, these speakers will be built to your desired configuration and readied for pickup or shipment. This will take only 1-2 days.
If you need these to be shipped, I highly recommend utilizing Uship, which I have had good experience with. I will assist in this process to the best of my abilities; however the buyer assumes all responsibility for contacting and contracting with the shipper. Shipping cost is not included in the pricing.

Payment: - USPS Money Order or certified bank check only. Trades will not be considered. 
Please do not ask if these are still available. If this ad is active, they are available.

Serious buyers only please. I will demonstrate these within my home system, but all necessary Covid precautions must be taken.
Looking forward to hearing from the folks that just bought theirs last week for $200......
Located in NW Indiana, approx. 1.75 hrs from Chicago, 2.5 hours from Indianapolis, 1.5 hrs from Grand Rapids.
Please message me on this platform. Purchase commitments will be evaluated by timestamp.
Thanks very much for your consideration.

thumbnail_IMG_7112.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7117.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7109.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7110.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7119.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7115.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7120.jpg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Jefe said:

I wish you were a lot closer. I would take them.

As I mentioned in the ad, I would recommend Uship as a service to get these to you.  I have used them several times with no issues at all, and reasonably priced.  I would be happy to help with the logistics.  PM me if you have any questions.

https://www.uship.com/

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

As I mentioned in the ad, I would recommend Uship as a service to get these to you.  I have used them several times with no issues at all, and reasonably priced.  I would be happy to help with the logistics.  PM me if you have any questions.

I've had good luck with Uship as well. But it just adds to the total. I'm guessing it would cost $400-500 to get them to AZ.

3 minutes ago, Jefe said:

I've had good luck with Uship as well. But it just adds to the total. I'm guessing it would cost $400-500 to get them to AZ.

Probably a bit less than that, but you could always ask @grasshopper if his sister is going to be making a trip anytime soon to your neck of the woods.....

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Probably a bit less than that, but you could always ask @grasshopper if his sister is going to be making a trip anytime soon to your neck of the woods.....

she is/was... but not driving. With things being the way they are...covid

.... I don't know if they are coming at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife still likes the bumpy black LS

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 11:30 AM, jimjimbo said:

Looking forward to hearing from the folks that just bought theirs last week for $200......

That's there is funny.

Those are beautiful, and that is a very fair price.

16 minutes ago, baron167 said:

Are these one of the pairs I inspected and listed to? I can vouch for them. They sound fantastic in original condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, they are not.  These are different, and still sound great.

• Like 1