After putting klf-30s back to stock

Alexander

In preparation of trying out the a55gs in the LS I had decided to put the klf-30s back stock aside from the Crites Ti in the tweets.

After changing everything over in one cabinet I hooked it back up to the system to compare. Well there clearly is a stark difference, with less bass the mid/highs are brighter from what I am used to & rather ragged/harsh. Not to say it sounded bad but rather how much better the upgrades were.

Now I am willing to bet the original caps still in the OEM xovers are not helping things.

I think on the other cabinet I will pull just my home built xovers out and just put the OEM xover in to see what kind of difference it would make. Naturally I was expecting some of this going into doing this but it was a good bit more than I would have thought.

• Like 2

After a few hours I could not stand it anymore and dragged out my forte IIs. Looking back I had remembered that I was blaming a piece of gear for a really crappy sound I was hearing.

I had just finished building the new xovers and put them in at the same time I changed out the piece in question. Looks like the untouched OEM xover was the problem and not the other part. Looks like the built xovers will go back in and maybe the OEM units will be recapped at some point.

11 minutes ago, SWL said:

Did you ever end up putting Dave A's MAHL tweeters in them?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No, I always wanted to but the money just wasn't available and now I will be focusing on the LaScalas with any free money I may have.