How can you put a price on Magic? - Seattle - $100

Limberpine

From the ad:

"I have 8 of these for sale, $100 each. The picture with all 8, face forward, shows you all the nicks and scratches.

I am told this is a high end audiophile accessory that can help damp magnetic fields by placing it on various electronic equipment like preamplifiers and amplifiers. Also adds mass to dampen vibration. My dad was a high-end HiFi guy. I found these hidden as we were dismantling his system. One has tape on the bottom, which you can see in one of the pics. Comes from a smoke-free home."

Okay, these came from a smoke free home. IMHO, one will, more than likely, experience audio euphoria if the $100 is used to buy something to smoke while listening to good music. 

Here is a picture of the door stop...

brick.jpg.5c568949c6a9a399a6a467f922ff69d7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

IMHO, one will, more than likely, experience audio euphoria if the $100 is used to buy something to smoke while listening to good music. 

I just paid $10.49 to HDTracks for all nine Beethoven symphonies.  Just imagine what I could get for the remaining $89.51 saved by not buying one of those.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I just paid $10.49 to HDTracks for all nine Beethoven symphonies.  

You did well, plus you get to keep your brain cells. 

Just imagine what I could get for the remaining $89.51 saved by not buying one of those.

You can get a pair of FE-103 if the ad is real. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok you morons....  those are the "db-5" version.

Everyone knows that it's the db-3 version that produces more "air" and reduces our ever-present horn honk.  The db-5 version is better suited for planar speakers.

Sheesh....  do I have to drag you all back to Audiophile Kindergarten??

:rolleyes:

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, Coytee said:

Ok you morons....  those are the "db-5" version.  

Everyone knows that it's the db-3 version that produces more "air" and reduces our ever-present horn honk.  The db-5 version is better suited for planar speakers.

Sheesh....  do I have to drag you all back to Audiophile Kindergarten??

ROTFLMBO!

I'm putting this up for Best Sarcastic Post of the Year.  😆

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Limberpine said:

Damn!!! I'm out of town until the 30th I sure hope he still has them when I get back I never knew I needed these until now obviously a must have for any real audiophile cant wait..

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 5:37 PM, jjptkd said:

Damn!!! I'm out of town until the 30th I sure hope he still has them when I get back I never knew I needed these until now obviously a must have for any real audiophile cant wait..

I have some like theses for sale. I custom make them and are priced the same as the used ones in the ad. The ones I make are coated in a sound damping and scratch resistant material. I offer them in pairs that are calibrated, one for HF and one for LF. Since most of us have more than one system, I give people a price break if they order more than one set.

Let me know how many you want.  

1189849733_bricks.jpg.be7557be08f115e93cc3f4f7df4ccdf1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4