Samsung 4K

baron167

I have the Q80R which is similar. So far its a great TV with an excellent picture and very good aps built in so no need for a Roku.

I opted for the Samsung over the LG OLEDs because of their anti reflective screen since the TV lives in a bright room. No regrets.

• Like 1

I have three Samsung TVs.  A 2017 40" NU7100 that was in my kid's college dorm but is now in my bedroom since he's "remote learning."  A 49" Q6FN from 2018 that I have mounted on a swing-out arm for optimizing viewing angle.  And last month, after the death of my 8 year old Panasonic plasma, I went with a 55" Q90T.  I think they are awesome TVs- great picture, good enough sound, and great smart features.

I went with a smaller Q90T rather than a larger Q80/70T because the location where it is mounted does not have an adjustable swing arm, so I wanted the maximum viewing angle - I believe the 90 series has an extra-wide coating of some sort.

It's just a matter of time before somebody tells you OLEDs are better.  Maybe so, especially if you watch a lot of outer space movies with black backgrounds.  But I find the QLEDs as good or better than my old Panasonic plasmas without any burn-in issues.

• Like 1

Like @tromprof, I have the Q80R (2019), and I love it! Practically OLED like blacks as far as I can tell... They did lower the spec a bit on the 2020 (T models), or rather, they pushed the higher specs up to their 8K range. The major difference I think is that the Q70T has edge lighting, where we have full array backlighting, but I believe the TV still looks awesome. As long as you like the picture it produces, you can't go wrong with the Samsung's in my opinion. Here's a review of the Q70T that Andrew Robinson published a few days ago in case that helps:

• Like 1