Forte III Nearfield?

Downhome Upstate

the op might consider a pair of RF7 series two way towers since they will integrate better over a shorter distance than a three way loudspeaker. Not to mention that they can push more air than a pair of Forte 3 can and with less cone break up and have much greater power handling, in addition they place the horn closer to your seated ear height for improved response stage and image.

Thanks, guys.

There is just short of 12' between a pair of built-in bookcases on what will be the front wall (across the room from the listening chair). I'll try putting the Forte's in the corners created by the bookcases and out a foot or so, and see what's what.

Have a safe, healthy and Happy Thanksgiving!

Mike

My Forte III's are in corners set out at 8 inches from the back wall. It's ideal.

I've no toe in and they are firing straight on. The listening position is 11 feet away and they've created a listening bubble that I can sit in and enjoy. Fabulous speakers!!

20200506_114325.jpg

the op might consider a pair of RF7 series two way towers since they will integrate better over a shorter distance than a three way loudspeaker. Not to mention that they can push more air than a pair of Forte 3 can and with less cone break up and have much greater power handling, in addition they place the horn closer to your seated ear height for improved response stage and image.

I would never choose them over Heritage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 3:09 PM, Retrograde said:

My Forte III's are in corners set out at 8 inches from the back wall. It's ideal.

I've no toe in and they are firing straight on. The listening position is 11 feet away and they've created a listening bubble that I can sit in and enjoy. Fabulous speakers!!

20200506_114325.jpg

With those beautiful forte IIIs slammed back against the wall like that the rear passives are doing little if anything. Pull them out say 12”-18” away from the wall and see if you like it. If you do find it to your liking them experiment a bit with them to find the best sound.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alexander said:

With those beautiful forte IIIs slammed back against the wall like that the rear passives are doing little if anything. Pull them out say 12”-18” away from the wall and see if you like it. If you do find it to your liking them experiment a bit with them to find the best sound.

Agreed. I would pull them forward enough so that the right speaker is in front of that support. That can't be doing the imaging any favors.

Shakey