Heresy help please.

tony61

The good:

I picked up a free pair of Heresys with sequential serial numbers.

If anyone can date these I’d appreciate it.

49R846 and 49R847.

The bad:

They’re the ugliest pair I’ve ever seen.

the cabinets are solid and the risers are good but, they’re painted a hideous crap brown and there may be a chip in the veneer on one of them.

I know both tweeters and one mid are blown.

I suppose I should have all the drivers and the type E crossovers inspected and/or repaired.

I’m refinishing the cabinets and the mid-horn but I’m not sure I have the technical prowess to re-do the internals.

My question is, who’s your go to for repairs?

Thanks in advance!

@tony61, welcome looks like your Heresy are 1977... see thread Heritage Date Codes in 2-Channel section... R = 1977.

@dwilawyer can offer information re Klipsch official repair company.

Others use Bob Crites, see critesspeakers.com, Bob is a stand up guy who can offer diy fix up kits, replacement parts and service.

Are the tags in tact? If they are veneer be careful with sanding, you can go through the veneer. There are plenty of forum posts on refinishing if you do some searching, perhaps the woodwork folks will offer input. Some pictures will help.

1 hour ago, MC39693 said:

@tony61, welcome looks like your Heresy are 1977... see thread Heritage Date Codes in 2-Channel section... R = 1977.

@dwilawyer can offer information re Klipsch official repair company.

Others use Bob Crites, see critesspeakers.com, Bob is a stand up guy who can offer diy fix up kits, replacement parts and service.

Are the tags in tact? If they are veneer be careful with sanding, you can go through the veneer. There are plenty of forum posts on refinishing if you do some searching, perhaps the woodwork folks will offer input. Some pictures will help.

Thanks for the info.

the tags are shot.

I had to rely on the stamp in the plywood for the serial numbers.

The veneer worries me.

We’ll see how it goes!

10 minutes ago, tony61 said:

Thanks for the info.

the tags are shot.

I had to rely on the stamp in the plywood for the serial numbers.

The veneer worries me.

We’ll see how it goes!

I have a pair of K-55-V mids, and a pair of K-73 tweeters I could be induced to part with.  I also have a pair of Heresy E crossovers that I redid to the Super Heresy specs, if you would be interested in them.

9 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

I have a pair of K-55-V mids, and a pair of K-73 tweeters I could be induced to part with.  I also have a pair of Heresy E crossovers that I redid to the Super Heresy specs, if you would be interested in them.

And just how much inducing would it take?🤔