SW-110 repair

dmitrev

decided to start new topic for SW-110 repair.  Thanks to  ngen33r for the good explanations. Will post pictures in the begining, cose no success for the moment :) 

Fuse was blown, capacitors fried. Previous attempt to fix from unknown - changed only IRF730's on the main inverter, after that capacitors fried.

Power inverter is classical half-bridge. Due to my error, it seemed strange topology, but now it is clear. My first idea was, to put snubbers to stop spikes, second idea is, to move changed elements on additional board, not to damage original. Moreover I expect fixes(add elements)

IMG_20201124_190110_3.jpg

Edited by dmitrev
pictures

in fact, secondary supply worked too - woofer was in mode auto, and without signal. So, after switch on and signal from the phone - WOOF WOOF twice, and I switched off to check is there warming elements. Then switched again, and fuse EXPLODED(not just burned :) Two IRF740 shorted. I changed 730 to 740, now will return to 730.

On 11/29/2020 at 10:02 PM, RandyH000 said:

be careful now  , :biggrin:

yes, tomorrow IR2153 will be changed, I saw there was problems in other Klipsch models with this luminescent-lamp invertor cheap-chip solution :) Funny, but in the bulgarian hi-fi forum old master said to young enthusiast  - "don't use this cheap luminescent-lamp chip for the amplifier! it is not designed for the power supply!";)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...