Thanksgiving Dinner for One

Edgar

8 hours ago, Edgar said:

Home alone today. Drat! The Chinese takeout restaurant is closed today. I guess it's McDonald's drive-through for dinner tonight.

I've spent MANY holidays alone and getting some takeout for my meal.  

Brother made a turkey, potatoes, stuffing today -- so I ate like a normal person, except that I'm out of Ketchup so neither the turkey, potatoes, or the stuffing tasted as good as it could have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Brother made a turkey, potatoes, stuffing today -- so I ate like a normal person, except that I'm out of Ketchup so neither the turkey, potatoes, or the stuffing tasted as good as it could have.

You should be hung upside down in a caldron of ketchup for a long time to teach you a lesson.

JJK

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I've spent MANY holidays alone

As have I. Moved away from the family home in Saint Louis after college, lived alone the whole time. A few years ago I moved back to Saint Louis to help care for my aging parents. All of my siblings are still here, but both parents are now gone. 

This year we decided to stay apart, given the pandemic. The other day my baby sister (58 years old) fell ill. Confirmed yesterday afternoon -- it's COVID. Happy Thanksgiving ...

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

You should be hung upside down in a caldron of ketchup for a long time to teach you a lesson.

JJK

JJ, you should know by now that a day without ketchup is like a day without sunshine for BSM. And to find the cupboard bare of ketchup must be nerve racking for sure. Hanging in a ketchup caldron would certainly lift his spirits - akin to Christmas morning 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richieb said:

JJ, you should know by now that a day without ketchup is like a day without sunshine for BSM. And to find the cupboard bare of ketchup must be nerve racking for sure. Hanging in a ketchup caldron would certainly lift his spirits - akin to Christmas morning 

I was kinda thinking strung up just out of reach of the caldron....  oh so close, yet sooooooooooooo far....

19 hours ago, oldtimer said:

How many people have you killed?

I think he has the backhoe working...

Wife worked yesterday. I fixed some sweet potatoes, regular mashed potatoes, ham slices and brussel sprouts. Managed to get stuff out of the oven and on the table as she walked in the door. Not sure how I managed it, but I got it all finished at the same time... 🤔

• Like 2