Is it workable to mix in a Klipsch rp-450c with r-28f and r-15m based 5.2.4 setup?

ttforum

I currently have the Klipsch r-25c paired with the r-28f and r-15m speakers in a 5.2.4 setup. The subs are SVS. They match pretty well.

I have a 120" projector and I sometimes feel like the center channel is too localized or really just kind of missing something.

I'm thinking of grabbing the rp-450c on black friday ) cyber Monday to replace my r-25c.

• Would it pair ok with my r-28f? or am I going to end up out-classing them so much that I'll regret it and feel like I also need to upgrade the L/R?
  • Is the timbre match going to be completely off?

Obviously, I want to upgrade the L/R to rp series as well, but its not in budget to do that this year and I don't want to spend the money on upgrading the center and then spending the next year noticing the difference.

Thank you!

@ttforum,

Welcome to the forum.

IMO, just wait and save up some $$$ for a while and just get a matching set of RP speakers.  

When I started my Klipsch HT journey, it was a gradual thing over a few years. 

1)Klipsch Quintet III 5 speaker set to

2)Klipsch RVX-42 LCR/RSX-4 surrounds to

3)Klipsch RB-35/RC-62/RSX-4 surrounds to

4)Klipsch RF-63/RC-62/RSX-s surrounds to

5)Klipsch RF-63/RC-64/RSX-4 surrounds to

6)Klipsch RF-63/RC-64/RS-35 surrounds

Each time I either sold the unused speakers to help fund or I repurposed them to another room.  Also added and subtracted a few subwoofers, amplifiers, AVRs, pre/pros, DVD players, BD players, CD players, along the way.

I have been very content with my final speaker line up(6) for close to a decade.

Bill