Building a home audio system on a budget

jewdaddy

I currently have two r-15M and a pioneer elite vsx-43 receiver.  I am looking at getting the r-120SW subwoofer and was debating on R-52C and the RC-62II center channels and wasn't sure whether to use my bookshelf speakers as main speakers or surround speakers any advice would be helpful.

Welcome to the forum! Some basic information would make it easier for us to help You. For example, how much money do You plan on spending, do you want to buy new, or maybe used speakers or fine as well? (Saves budget for other things, AVR maybe?) What space do You have? Right now You say you own bookshelvers, would you consider floorstanders for mains as well? Bigger is better, most of the times. As for the center, i would say, go for the RC62II, again, bigger is better.

Wait until @wuzzzer chimes in, he is more knowledgeable than me.

Just my two cents, for starters and enjoy Your quest with Klipsch!

On 11/26/2020 at 8:57 PM, jewdaddy said:

I currently have two r-15M and a pioneer elite vsx-43 receiver.  I am looking at getting the r-120SW subwoofer and was debating on R-52C and the RC-62II center channels and wasn't sure whether to use my bookshelf speakers as main speakers or surround speakers any advice would be helpful.

The R62 will give you much clearer dialogue than the 52.

The R15s will work really well as surrounds if you decide to go with larger speakers as your front mains.  What are you thinking about getting instead?