La Scala Solid Wood Risers???

So I am wanting to raise the height of my La Scalas, and I have read all the previous posts on the subject, but am still confused about how to move forward. If I simply want to raise the listening level of the speakers w/o doing a riser port, am I correct in understanding that the best way is to raise the speakers without losing bass response is by putting "solid wood" underneath?? Not sure if this means to avoid plywood, or to fill the ENTIRE space beneath the speaker with wood. Like if I wanted to raise it 10" or so, I could cut up 2x sheets of 3/4" plywood into 2x2' sections and stack them? For 3x speakers I would need 6x sheets of plywood -- and it seems like a bit overkill, and I don't see anybody else doing this, so I am obviously misunderstanding the concept -- or not??? I could also cut up 8x8 posts into 2' sections, and then I would really have some beefy "solid wood" underneath.

As an aside, is putting speaker vibration dampening material like sorbothane between the speaker and the stack of wood a good idea?

So basically, I'm just asking for the best way to raise the height of the La Scala, in a simple, straightforward way, while avoiding any loss of bass from them sitting on risers, and thanks very much in advance for any thoughts you might have.

The "best" listening level (at least in my opinion) is exactly the way they are designed, with just a slight rise from the woofer hatch cover..  However, you could always place a piece of material under the front edge, in the height you desire, to tilt them up a bit, without losing much of the floor coupling.

I played my ‘90 LS’s on hardwood and carpet floors in different positions for months before deciding to raise them on a trial basis several years ago. They are sitting upon 1” x 2’ x 2’ foamular project panels from Home Depot on top of 12” x 2’ x 2’ wire shelving kitchen racks to date. The inside bottom of the bass bins are 16” off the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk