KP-302 $72.96. Fort Collins, CO

crunchman12001

5 minutes ago, crunchman12001 said:

My bad, the pic shows the drivers installed.

I'm with you.  I thought the ad was a little confusing so I went with the exact wording.  Maybe somebody parted these out, as an empty box for sale is unusual.

• Like 1

@wvu80 @crunchman12001 @RandyH000 @billybob

I went for a pair of KP-3002 Pros, thanks to @Emile (howdy, sir!).  To give you a sense of scale, the monitor is a 55" Sony 4k TV...   *<;o)   The other speakers in the shot are:

KG4's on the very top left and right, my original R/L mains sitting upon the shelves.

2 KPT-100 downward angled pros as the centers, out of a theater in Gainesville.

A pair of R-14M's that will be going on the SO's Mac in her music room.

KP-3002's as the new R/L, with a Weird Al backstage pass hanging on the right side.

On the right side of the cross shelf is one of the Allen Organ 100W RMS amps, driving the second center from a pre-out on the Onkyo 7.1 receiver.  The Onkyo is connected to the PC by a Toslink optical digital cable. One of the fun things that I found with the receiver is that I can have music be sent to all speakers in the 7.1 surround, which allows me to tweak levels to adjust the soundstage around to my liking.  Movies are fantastic on this rig.

It's a definite "Near-Field Listening" setup!

Desktop.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2020 at 8:53 PM, RandyH000 said:

these were not KP  302  speakers , they were  KP 3002 -

I don't agree with your statement, but am open to why you say that. 

The picture that you posted is one that Emile posted, and they are 3002. 

On 11/27/2020 at 8:53 PM, RandyH000 said:

31f04ab375ee4ebc8fdc12d6feef1752.jpg

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The picture that you posted is one the Emile posted, and they are 3002. 

That is the same pair that are in my pic...

6 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:
46 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The picture that you posted is one the Emile posted, and they are 3002. 

That is the same pair that are in my pic...

I would like a pair of the the 302 for ~$80 each, if they were complete. The ad says cabinet as though it's for a pair of them.... or more. And it says full range, so I took it that hey were complete and ready to p!ss the neighbors off, more. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I would like a pair of the the 302 for ~$80 each, if they were complete. The ad says cabinet as though it's for a pair of them.... or more. And it says full range, so I took it that hey were complete and ready to p!ss the neighbors off, more. 

That price is for the pair, not just one...

5 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

That price is for the pair, not just one...

That's the way that I read it too, and complete. Seems that there is some question as to if they are complete. 

I have read that the sound of the 302 is different. Have you done anything with you xovers? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

@wvu80 @crunchman12001 @RandyH000 @billybob

I went for a pair of KP-3002 Pros, thanks to @Emile (howdy, sir!).  To give you a sense of scale, the monitor is a 55" Sony 4k TV...   *<;o)   The other speakers in the shot are:

KG4's on the very top left and right, my original R/L mains sitting upon the shelves.

2 KPT-100 downward angled pros as the centers, out of a theater in Gainesville.

A pair of R-14M's that will be going on the SO's Mac in her music room.

KP-3002's as the new R/L, with a Weird Al backstage pass hanging on the right side.

On the right side of the cross shelf is one of the Allen Organ 100W RMS amps, driving the second center from a pre-out on the Onkyo 7.1 receiver.  The Onkyo is connected to the PC by a Toslink optical digital cable. One of the fun things that I found with the receiver is that I can have music be sent to all speakers in the 7.1 surround, which allows me to tweak levels to adjust the soundstage around to my liking.  Movies are fantastic on this rig.

It's a definite "Near-Field Listening" setup!

Desktop.jpg

Lol, guessing those kpt-100 doing x2 center duty are doing good.

Enjoy...

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, billybob said:

Lol, guessing those kpt-100 doing x2 center duty are doing good.

Enjoy...

I really would like to get the other pair from you sometime.  The pool is on hold until April, so these guys are inside.  I would like to have the second set to leave out in the enclosure year round.

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

That's the way that I read it too, and complete. Seems that there is some question as to if they are complete. 

I have read that the sound of the 302 is different. Have you done anything with you xovers? 

I've not done a thing with the crossovers.  I read that some people think they are too forward on the mids, but they don't seem that way to me.  They blend perfectly with the KPT-100's and the Super Heresy that I use for the surround left and right.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

I've not done a thing with the crossovers.  I read that some people think they are too forward on the mids, but they don't seem that way to me.  They blend perfectly with the KPT-100's and the Super Heresy that I use for the surround left and right.

I can't see using them as headphones like in your picture, but the MCM1900 inside a house is about the same. 

5 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

the KP 302 is a 3 way speaker ---------the kp 3002 is a 2 way speaker -------here is the picture of the listing , can't see the tweeter , they are 2 way -   still a great deal , and one can add a tweeter real easy , did anybody grab these ------

41107-S000035994-1?auto=compress,format&fit=clip&w=800

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:
5 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

the KP 302 is a 3 way speaker ---------the kp 3002 is a 2 way speaker -------here is the picture of the listing , can't see the tweeter , they are 2 way -   still a great deal , and one can add a tweeter real easy , did anybody grab these ------

Both the 302 and 3002 are two way speakers. The only differences are the xovers and the 3002 is covered in rat fur.

You might be thinking about the 301 or the 362 or a ménage à trois. 

• Haha 1