Newbie amp question

twemcd

Thanks for including me in your forum! I'm not an audiophile by any means but music is a big part of our household. I recently purchased a pair of RP-600M speakers and could use a suggestion for a two channel amp. Searching reviews and best of lists is endless! I know you people here can point me in the right direction. Thanks, Tom

• Like 1

Im running a pair of Magnepan .7’s, Heresy II’s and Caintuck Lii Fast 8’s with a REL t5i sub with each system. I’ve compared lots of top rated components. I just ordered another Dynakit Stereo 120 solid state from Kenny at Funtastic Vintronics again and I’m selling off everything else to have two systems. This includes all my tube gear and I can’t believe I’m going to solid state but this is the exception. This amp just demolishes everything I’ve compared it with. It has a spatial separation exactly like tubes but with all the fast bass attack you get from solid state and it gives my Heresy’s an incredibly pleasant sound. It’s sounds absolutely magnificent and you can run it as an integrated amp if you get it with a volume control. It drives my Maggie’s perfectly. Competes and outperforms anything I’ve compared regardless of price. It’s all updated with new parts and just $600!

Edited by rankaudio
  • Like 2

Thank you all, I wasn't thinking of a sub until you mentioned it billybob, so I would yes to a future sub. As far as price I was looking at a Yamaha A-S701 for 799. Everything is on sale this weekend. Just not sure if it all would work together. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, twemcd said:

Thank you all, I wasn't thinking of a sub until you mentioned it billybob, so I would yes to a future sub. As far as price I was looking at a Yamaha A-S701 for 799. Everything is on sale this weekend. Just not sure if it all would work together. 

Well, I took a look and yes on the rear, a sub out, and phono out for TT, just in case. Black or silver and 100 X 2 watts per channel.

Built in DAC. 

Would look for more answers to come in here. Review all of the specs and make sure on this one that has all of your requirements.

One other thing on this one and others recc. Shop price and deals.

And look for reviews. Others may say more. Do you like Yamaha?

@twemcd

• Like 2

I'm running the Yamaha A-S801 with my CF3's and have been happy thus far. I'd say it's a great starting point for someone who is interested in two channel stereo without breaking the bank (mine was $600 used). The USB input for the onboard DAC is what separates it from the A-S701. 

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, twemcd said:

Dang man, are you coming back?

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 8:05 PM, baron167 said:

If your budget can accommodate it, go for the Yamaha A-S1200 emoji41.png emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look awesome. I do not mean that they "look like they sound awesome." I mean they look awesome. I am sure they also sound amazing. 

Edited by Pondoro
  • Like 1

Those look awesome. I do not mean that they "look like they sound awesome." I mean they look awesome. I am sure they also sound amazing. 

A friend has one after researching and studying it for months. He’s having an affair with it. I named her Pretty Penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2020 at 5:14 PM, twemcd said:

Thanks for including me in your forum! I'm not an audiophile by any means but music is a big part of our household. I recently purchased a pair of RP-600M speakers and could use a suggestion for a two channel amp. Searching reviews and best of lists is endless! I know you people here can point me in the right direction. Thanks, Tom

I own the RP160M speakers, which are very similar, and I use a Denon RCD-M41DAB microsystem with them. I bought this little system at Amazon Warehouse at a very interesting reduced price (Denon speakers included, which are now in the bedroom).

https://www.whathifi.com/denon/d-m41dab/review