Advice on buying Klipsch speakers

Vankyra

I was out for lunch ...back again. Yes I´m german and greece is an so much impressive country. My best friend in germany is a greek as well, he came from kreta .

Hope that you´re getting the R 820F a.s.a.p. as well as the Denon AVR. Enjoy your set-up. I´ll know how important a solid audio gear is in the mens world.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I was out for lunch ...back again. Yes I´m german and greece is an so much impressive country. My best friend in germany is a greek as well, he came from kreta .

Hope that you´re getting the R 820F a.s.a.p. as well as the Denon AVR. Enjoy your set-up. I´ll know how important a solid audio gear is in the mens world.

It is important to have a solid audio gear for men, that's for sure. Thank you for everything again.. I'm making spacing left and right of my TV for the big towers! I hope the size isn't for nothing haha

22 minutes ago, billybob said:

Glad y'all got it sorted out.

Adios...off to my next challenge!😥

Thank you Billybob, you're awesome!!! Haha the challenge isn't over with me! Do you think I should get bookshelves instead of the 820s? 😇😇😇

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vankyra said:

It is important to have a solid audio gear for men, that's for sure. Thank you for everything again.. I'm making spacing left and right of my TV for the big towers! I hope the size isn't for nothing haha

Thank you Billybob, you're awesome!!! Haha the challenge isn't over with me! Do you think I should get bookshelves instead of the 820s? 😇😇😇

No comment...enjoy, and let us no of anything else...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vankyra said:

Ohh frankly that's a relief to hear! Lovely setup if I may add. What's the sensitivity of your speakers? 

Danke schön! My german isn't that good, could you explain the graph for me and what does that mean for me? For example, when I need to power a 7.1setup with the X-1600H, this receiver will provide 59watts per channel? What about 8ohm wattage output? Don't I need to only see 8ohm values? 

Thank you. The towers are 98db sensitive, pretty much the same as the R820f. 

8 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

Bookshelves work great if they are sitting on something like a shelf, but will need to be on stands if no shelf. Once they're on stands, they take up as much room as a floor stander. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Thank you. The towers are 98db sensitive, pretty much the same as the R820f. 

Bookshelves work great if they are sitting on something like a shelf, but will need to be on stands if no shelf. Once they're on stands, they take up as much room as a floor stander. 

You have a point there! Is it a myth that for the same price you get better audio from a bookshelf speaker vs a tower one? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vankyra said:

You have a point there! Is it a myth that for the same price you get better audio from a bookshelf speaker vs a tower one? 

bookshelf can´t deliver the same bass power like floorstand speaker. The  R 820 F had great test reviews in the german hifi magazines an a best buy for the money ..sounds dynamic and balanced; good resolution, controlled basses; high level stability; clean and robust finish.....

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Vankyra said:
23 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

7.2 is two subs

Thanks for explaining. I didn't know that AVR's count the 2 subs, as 1 channel 

The .1 or .2 is confusing and the manufacturers use of those designations don't help.

Technically .1 is the LFE or Low Frequency Effects channel.  It is separate from the subwoofer bass. 

In more common use the .1 and .2 means the AVR has a low level (common, using an RCA plug) output for the sub signal.  This means without having to buy anything else you can plug in two subwoofers directly from the AVR.  These are IDENTICAL signals.

If your AVR has only a .1 meaning one sub signal then to add a second sub all one needs to do is buy a 1-into-2 RCA splitter.  This has the exact same signal as the .2.  This .1 channel only provides signal and not power to the sub so there is no penalty such as less power for doing this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vankyra said:

Yes and that's a great thing! But what about the other speakers? Is its juice going to be enough to power 5, or even 7 speakers (not including the subwoofers) ? 

I would suggest going with 5.1 to start.  Left/Center/Right (L/C/R) and two side surround speakers.

Most TV and movies are made in 5.1.  To get 7.1 the AVR will take the side surround signal and copy it, sending the same signal to the surround rear speakers.  Not much discrete (separate) content is sent to the Rear Surrounds.

I think you are better off saving money on the Surround Rear and put that money to a better center speaker.  I highly recommend the RP-504C.  It is the second best Klipsch center speaker you can buy and is second only to the RC-64 III.  The center speaker is the most important one in your system.

The reason is ninety percent of Movies/TV is dialog and 90% of the dialog comes out of the center.  The secret to a great system is to get a HIGH QUALITY center speaker.  Get the best one you can afford.

I would rather have a GREAT 3.1 instead of a mediocre 5.1 or 7.1.  The quality is what you are after and not simply numerous speakers that don't sound all that great.  The RP-504C would be an upgrade over any R series.

R = Entry level

RP = Mid level

RF  = (RC for the center) is top tier

I own the RC-64 III.  Shown here with the RF-83 and RP-600M sitting upside down on top.

RP-600M bi-amp right side view.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

bookshelf can´t deliver the same bass power like floorstand speaker. The  R 820 F had great test reviews in the german hifi magazines an a best buy for the money ..sounds dynamic and balanced; good resolution, controlled basses; high level stability; clean and robust finish.....

And Klipsch has them 50% off for the rest of today!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1