D I Y Audio Cables

MicroMara

I have not yet found a thread that shows self-made audio cables. I mean speaker cables, power cables and RCA cables. In this community w´ll be build, modified, tuned, like in no other audio community in the world. So I thought to open this thread to show what is possible with DIY. This thread is not meant to be a discussion platform, about the sense or nonsense of different AWG standards, it´s only meant to show what you can achieve yourself. After all it saves a lot of money if you make your own audio cables. Since I have some experience in this area, I would like to share this with you and also show examples that DIY cables don´t differ to expensive brand manufacturers, which cost a lot of money.

Here´re some examples from my own D I Y  Loudspeaker Cables ...

LappKC28.thumb.jpg.ff74cde11fbc26c7198eef4b26200866.jpg

LappKC22.thumb.jpg.b10fe00b698d3b0b2124c997e11d0934.jpg

LappKC23.thumb.jpg.bac54c86adacfbbd7ba96e9679457ae3.jpg

LappKC24.thumb.jpg.cd47dd05bcb6a1e79e86b01016322c0b.jpg

LappKC5.thumb.jpg.d3189f7dd173d3ef31cc0cfb35fd8e85.jpg

LappKC29.thumb.jpg.b0c354abd35892c9e637d38d4db8c6fc.jpg

LappKC33.thumb.jpg.020d4dee18ccba1d74ee38d796c1881f.jpg

LappKC34.thumb.jpg.6e0f860e02d37980f1abb4c6f041a372.jpg

My own Bridges for Bi Wire Terminals

LappKC27.thumb.jpg.9afdbb00549ca0cea9559d17c09b25f4.jpg

LappKC12.thumb.jpg.8e0b202dc3468961678e96b6c1bc39f9.jpg

Connection example

LappKC35.thumb.jpg.10290045a802a62ae02bf4aba74f0d23.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Color me interested, Looks like some great work. I request 

How about we show links to the parts used ?  This way if someone were inclined to build a like piece they have at least a road map of where to start with supplies. I know when I try looking up wire or connectors it gets down right discouraging.

• Like 6

I have to sort that out first, because I only use raw Cables material as well as different connectors from Germany and get it from different suppliers. But I will work on it.In addition.You are using the NEMA 1 and 5 connector standards here and not the European standards.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Here´re some examples from D I Y  Loudspeaker Cables ...

Cmon George , Start yourself a business name , Tag these cables with your own  Brand  -and get rolling selling this high end gear  on AMAZON ,  there is a high demand for such a quality product    create your own web site -------anyone buys this stuff   ,  it  will last a lifetime   -

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Cmon George , Start yourself a business name , Tag these cables with your own  Brand  -and get rolling selling this high end gear  on AMAZON ,  you got a real  Talent Here    create your own web site -------anyone buys this stuff   ,  it  will last a lifetime   these are some of  the best wires-cables   , I ever seen - and I'm sure they sound even better than they look

This is an excellent idea Randy, maybe I can find an American business partner with whom I could establish  this business for the american market . 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

This is an excellent idea Randy, maybe I can find an American business partner with whom I could establish  this business for the american market . 

-actually ,  you can access the USA market without a  location in the USA ,  millions of businesses from China -Korea  earn money without any office anywhere and the sales  taxes are levied by Ebay back to the local consumer ---------your cost 3% paypal , or Ebay fees - that's way cheaper than business expenses in a Foreign land -

the Made in Germany certification product can be a +  for you ,  since it is way  more Quality than the low end  products sold from Asia , and it is quite rare in the USA  -

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

.... that's way cheaper than business expenses in a Foreign land -

Due to my professional past in which I was a global player I think otherwise. Ebay and Amazon are certainly an additional sales platform in the future. Even a nice website will not be enough. First you have to establish the product in the market and use the tools of marketing. In order to offer products with competitive prices you have to buy large quantities from suppliers, the production requires production facilities and personnel, the distribution and advertising must be tightly organized. There is an overhead, such as accounting, bookkeeping and financial management. This also requires manpower. If you do it, you have to consider all this and you need a business plan and investors behind it.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Panelhead said:

Since you are in Germany, look at Sommer Cable SC- Club Red Zilk and Club  Black Zilk. Neither is available in the US. 

Both are excellent and less than a dollar/ft. 

Thanx but believe me, there is hardly a cable manufacturer whose products I do not know. This naturally includes the products of Sommer Cabel from Germany

• Like 1