D I Y Audio Cables

MicroMara

On 12/5/2020 at 2:50 AM, The Dude said:

I'm guessing you put a ferrule on the speaker wire before sticking in to the banana plug.

Sorry, missed that ...indeed ...I´m using ferrules before sticking into a plug. Examples are shown on page 2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockhound said:

So are there any follow along videos out there on building power and RCA cables that anyone would recommend? I have built some speaker cables but would like to build custom length power and RCA cables for wire management purposes.

• Like 1

I love the Mogami Mic cables I use those on input signals in preamps and amps. Don't make fun but I've learned to love silver plated solid and stranded copper cables. This isn't becuase I think it sounds better (no diff in sound) but I've found they take solder really easily. If you used solid silver wire it also lets you use a much smaller gauge than copper. I'm thinking about doing a line of cables for my system because everything could be the exact length they need to be with out extra length... Thanks for all the great links in this thread....

I like all the colors available for wire coverings. I used a nuetril power adapter for power cord on my 1625 set amp build.. Check it out here...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEDXAghJh9T/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, seti said:

I love the Mogami Mic cables I use those on input signals in preamps and amps. Don't make fun but I've learned to love silver plated solid and stranded copper cables. This isn't becuase I think it sounds better (no diff in sound) but I've found they take solder really easily. If you used solid silver wire it also lets you use a much smaller gauge than copper. I'm thinking about doing a line of cables for my system because everything could be the exact length they need to be with out extra length... Thanks for all the great links in this thread....

I like all the colors available for wire coverings. I used a nuetril power adapter for power cord on my 1625 set amp build.. Check it out here...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEDXAghJh9T/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The japanese Company Mogami Cables is one of the world's leading cable suppliers for studio and stage technology. Products from Mogami are always a good choice. For me personally I prefer copper wires with silver coating. I also use solder with 4 % Silvercontent, because it can be processed very well.

9 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

The japanese Company Mogami Cables is one of the world's leading cable suppliers for studio and stage technology. Products from Mogami are always a good choice. For me personally I prefer copper wires with silver coating. I also use solder with 4 % Silvercontent, because it can be processed very well.

Sorry that is what I meant silver coated copper a dream to use..

On 12/1/2020 at 6:10 PM, The Dude said:

Has anyone used the microphone cable from Monoprice?

Yes. Make/made my own balanced line level interconnects. Their cable, their connectors. Its thick very pliable. Their connectors have the right size strain reliefs and exit holes for the thick cable. Measured about 30pF per foot conductor to conductor and about double that either conductor to shield. That's a pretty average spec for balanced cabling. They could not answer what the capacitance was.

If I was making mic cable I would use star quad from Mogami or Canare

@babadono

Of course the shielding belongs with the ground cable to the main plug. This was a test cable without connected shield to test if external radiation influences have an effect. None occurred. With a cable length of 2 feet this is also very unlikely.

On 11/29/2020 at 12:44 PM, MicroMara said:

Due to my professional past in which I was a global player I think otherwise. Ebay and Amazon are certainly an additional sales platform in the future. Even a nice website will not be enough. First you have to establish the product in the market and use the tools of marketing. In order to offer products with competitive prices you have to buy large quantities from suppliers, the production requires production facilities and personnel, the distribution and advertising must be tightly organized. There is an overhead, such as accounting, bookkeeping and financial management. This also requires manpower. If you do it, you have to consider all this and you need a business plan and investors behind it.   

I was just telling my buddy who owns a Private Equity firm that he should find a mid to high end cable manufacturer to invest in cause their margins have to be pretty stellar.

• Thanks 1